Originally Posted By Frankenduster
Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
I'm qualified, and infinitely more qualified than you Mr. Construction worker.

Well, that was pretty rude.
I can degree a cam...Can you build a house? Lay out a frame? Calculate roof pitch and cut rafters that fit? I would be very surprised to hear that you can but since this is a car forum, lets focus on that instead of insulting another mans trade.
You made it clear that you thought that degreeing a cam is pointless. Maybe it is to YOU but if nothing else, it can rule out an area that allows you to focus elsewhere.

Don't let guitar dude get to you. He was a line mechanic and not an engine builder or a machinist and they ain't the same thing.

IDGAF if Chrysler, or GM or ford or anyone else lines the cam dot to dot. The factory didn't give a single [censored] how they ran when they left the factory. They didn't care. It's quick and dirty to dot to dot and it shows lack of experience.

To the OP. I don't really care what is wrong with your engine. What I'm saying is to do the job correctly, and eliminating potential problems you need to STOP and degree the cam.

It's that simple. You can be a keyboard builder who cuts corners, or, you can do the [censored] correctly.

Degree the cam.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston