Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
There are certainly legitimate reasons to move the cam timing such as a heavy vehicle with a tight converter or an engine that is rpm limited and/or carb or air flow restricted. In these cases you may see some power and ET improvements but in Goodys case here that is not the problem and degreeing the cam would not have done anything. It is not always necessary to degree a cam. I put engines together all day long and never degree a cam. Why you ask? Because it won't make a difference and there is no way for me to change it anyway so why bother?

For some unknown reason you THINK a cam can only be a degree or two off and that just isn't the real world. You'd know that if you ever degree enough cams. You'll quickly find they ain't as close as you'd like everyone to believe. I've seen plenty of name brand [censored] off 8 degrees and I've had reground and lesser brands be off more than that.

So again, keep posting crapola, it still makes you wrong.

Degree the cam, every single time.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston