Originally Posted By Frankenduster
Originally Posted By Guitar Jones

I build import twin overhead cam engines with phasers on both camshafts. There are no bushings or kits to degree these cams, even if you could change it the computer is just going to move it where it wants it to be any way. And if I could move it beyond where it can adjust it I would get cam and crank correlation codes that will never go away. So no, it is not necessary to degree every camshaft. In fact I'm about to assemble a hybrid 4 cylinder Atkinson cycle engine. Am I going to degree the cams? Nope. Not all of us are stuck in the stone age as you seem to assume. So continue to assert your superiority if it makes you feel better about yourself.

So....You build some NON Mopar oddball stuff, yet are somehow totally qualified to comment on the accuracy of timing sets and camshaft timing events and how degreeing a Mopar camshaft is a waste of time? Really ??????

I was a Chrysler tech from 1975 to 2008 when the dealership lost its Dodge franchise. So yeah, I'm qualified, and infinitely more qualified than you Mr. Construction worker. I also didn't see where there was any stipulation on what engine or engines need to have the cam degreed every time. I stated there are legitimate reasons to not degree a camshaft and then was called ignorant and accused of spewing crap. I think I made my point. Chrysler also sells engines with twin overhead cams and computer controlled cam timing so, I don't see where you are going with that.

BTW helpful post.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.