Originally Posted By dizuster

The difference between 7psi and 23psi was 12.40@110 to 9.55@142mph Same night, same track, same head, same cam, just add boost... for free.

My point is... if you took the money you're spending on porting the heads, and put it toward the turbo... you're going to be WAY further ahead bang for the buck. Scrap that little blower project, and just put the proper turbo on it from the start (or even proper sized blower... either one would work)... You'll be WAY happier with the results for the money, rather then spending it on porting.

I mostly agree.
I've been thinking more and more about going straight to the turbo route and what you say makes sense. Would also make me some cents too.

I've already committed to the sidewinder heads and the port work.
I'm not going to go back on my word even if he doesn't have the heads quite yet from the manufacture. Told the guy I wanted a pair ported, that's what I'm going to get if he is able and willing.

Just think. In 20 yrs when I'm sitting at some car show with my road kill I can say..... "These heads were ported by a Daytona 500 winning engine builder"

My next option is to forgo the blower. I can give it to my son for whom we are building a magnum headed 318. Would be about perfect for that motor. He still has to drive it a while without it so he doesn't get into trouble right out of the box. He's only 14 but will have his permit in 6 months.

I've got my eye on the billet 78/75 from VS racing. Right at $500.
That's cheap.
Dudes with LS motors are laying down close to 800hp at the tire with that turbo.
They also just released an 80mm too.

The more I think about these Chinese Sidewinders, the more I like the idea of getting them.

Now, If I hadn't bought the box of toys (diamond pistons/TS rings/rods/etc.) 15yrs ago we would be talking about BIG BLOCK heads in this thread instead.

You know the saying.....chasing good money after bad. ;-)

I did buy a single bare Big Block 210cc procomp head off a guy on ebay for $120 + $34 shipping. He accepted offer.

[img]https://goo.gl/photos/qtBwY9Ak95PvnsM46[/img]

Lets see if it actually arrives.
Gonna use it to do some practice porting and possibly cut it up with the band saw.

"Old" member Registered: Sep 2001
Lost my credentials, I'm Back!! LOL
71 Ply Satellite Procharged
73 Dodge Dart Swinger
73 Ford F-100 390/Sniper efi/back to carb
01 Town and Country Limited
08 Dodge 2500 6.7 5" Deleted
02 Mercedes C230K
19 Camry