More boost will make up for poor head flow... but it doesn't mean more headflow won't make more power. As an example I went 10.08@136 on home ported iron heads at 20psi. I've been 9.80's@136mph on 17~18psi with CNC ported Eddy's with basically the same combo. A bit of that ET is 60ft, but you can see that it took less boost to go the same MPH.

Reading through this thread, I don't see anywhere that you've stated what your goals are for this project. I assume by your screenname that you're going procharged? If so how big of a blower, and how big is the motor it's going on?

If you're looking for budget 600hp, you don't need a whole lot of head. If you want 2000hp that's a different story.

General rule of thumb #1, If the blower is big enough, and you have enough fuel octane to run some decent boost... you can definitely err on the small side with the head and get away with it.

General rule of thumb #2, If the blower/turbo is small... or you're fuel quality limited... it would be wise to get as much out of the motor as you can N/A with your head choice.