Originally Posted By dogdays
Todd Marsh is doing a lot with the bigblock versions of these heads. It is important to understand that the ProMaxx and the Sidewinder bigblock heads come out of the same molds in the same factory. They are given names by whoever is selling them.
http://www.mopartsracing.com/tmc/ Possibly the same for smallblock heads.

The "I have heard" monster is lurking in this thread. The newest version of ProComp also known as Speedmaster heads has received good reviews from Pittburghracer and the guy who used to call himself Dr. J, Bryce Mulvey. Possibly working with Bryce the PCheads have more meat in the short turn so the short turn radius can be worked on more without hitting water. I suspect that is what the heads pictured above are.

R.

Whoa whoa WHOA. I never gave Procomp or Speedmaster good reviews. I never even had a set in my hands (and NEVER will) ProMAXX yes I have in in my hands and on my Flowbench and from what I've seen, I LIKE. They are 10 times nicer than Edelbrock heads and after talking to Mark at ProMaxx I would buy a set tomorrow over an Edelbrock heads if I needed a set. But I don't. I will never buy a procomp now called Speedmaster head. I would continue to FIX Edelbrock heads if it came to that. I can do them in my sleep. LOL

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time