Quote:

Quote:

I learn many things here. Most is valuable information shared by intelligent, experienced people. Some is not.

Agreed!

The one piece of data that is missing is how strong are the belts before and after two years and at what point forces exerted on the average human body by said belts during deceleration will result in death?

That information is out there in documents published by the textile industry. This thread had me curious and I found it the other day while Googling around. Didn't want to tell any lies.

The human body exerts force on the belts as a result of G-forces produced in an accident. These G-forces may exceed what the the person may survive, but the driver HAS to be restrained inside of the protective structure of the car. That is his best chance of surviving.

A report on the Scotty Kallita accident states that he was restrained in the car throughout the incident. "Multiple impacts produced G-forces exceeding 100G, with some approaching or exceeding 200G."
Cause of death was multiple blunt force trauma. There are unsurvivable accidents, but the last thing we should want to see are videos on You Tube of a driver coming out of a car in any of these incidents.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.