Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck and all that, but in reality you have 3 choices. Put belts in every 2 years, run at outlaw tracks or stay home. It's their playground, their rules.

I'm not a big cheerleader for NHRA, but I've raced at tracks with zero tech and I've done tech at an NHRA track. Both experiences were often times very scary. With everything else that it takes to go racing, a lousy set of belts is way down the list of crap for me to lose sleep over. They're a consumable, like tires, gaskets, fuel, oil.

Without safety being a priority, there is no insurance. Without insurance, there is no racing. Why do you think your new street car has all the safety devices and designs built in? Lawyers and insurance companies.

This right here. This rule has been this way for years and is not going to be changed. Guys have class cars that cost up to 100k and complaining about a $150 set of belts every two years...........ok then. You want to start a petition, how about something that you MIGHT actually have a chance with.........like maybe lower entry fees for sportsman classes.

I have NEVER understood the uproar over this deal

Monte

Sometimes I think if you actually owned and RACED your own car you might think differently but then again maybe not. MOST of us are small-time racers on small time budgets. Have a nice day.

Monte,you have to admit he is right,I remember a while back you said you was waiting till you got up the $$$ to do your car like you wanted it!Think about it when you finally save up enough $$$ to build your car,you will not want some JackA$$ adding on more things that you don't need that cost even more $$$ that takes away from your racing!

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"