Quote:

Quote:

I have no problem with safety or buying safety equipment. That's why I have more than required. What I do have issue with as does everyone else is "planned obsolescence" Otherwise known as SFI recerts. When you cert your car they don't even look at cage welds, yet require my tig welded chrome moly cage to be rechecked for thickness every 3 years? How many "cold fusion" certed cages have you seen? What makes it worse is that once you've spent the money nobody checks anyway. Tech?, give them your tech card and roll into the staging lanes. Yet they worry about 2 year belts? Get real.
Doug

The fact that tech doesn't check stuff, is nobodys fault but that particular tech staff. Every police officer I see doesn't check my license and insurance card either, but that doesn't negate that fact that I am supposed to have it in case they do. Certain tracks are notoriously tough on tech at a weekly race, some aren't. But when we were running Super Stock and went to national events, there was NOTHING that didn't get checked. The Division 2 guy that does our cage certs, goes over every weld and every bar with a fine tooth comb. Do all of them......highly unlikely, but HE does. And the reason that your cage is certed every two years, is because guys are constantly working on cars and changing things, which may include welding on the chassis. Welding on a certed chassis, within the confines of the inspection portion of the structure, negates the current sticker and they KNOW most are not going to call up and say "hey, I welded on my car and I need to have it checked"......so as with most things, they make that call FOR you, by having scheduled cert expirations.

And as far as all these regulations, as already pointed out, but nobody seems to care, is that NHRA does NOT set the certs, SFI does and NHRA chooses to follow those guidelines. For some reason all the "conspiracy theory" guys, seem to think it is all some grand plan by the NHRA to milk you out of money, when it really doesn't have anything to do with them. This where the "kickbacks" and "under the table money" guys start telling us how it really works. Well ok, if that's what you think fine. But SFI is an independent organization that NHRA, NTPA(as well as most pulling orgs), most drag boat orgs, World of Outlaws and dozens of other racing organizations follow. If you have an issue with a time line........SFI is who you should complain to, not NHRA. Everybody brings up NASCAR...........well they DON'T use SFI, they set their own standards and have the money behind them to fund it and do their own testing. NHRA doesn't.

And if you want to know what orgs use SFI standards, go to the SFI site and look under "coalition members" and it tells you

Monte

Here you go again preaching to the ones of us who have a race car about spending the extra $$$ and your Daymn car is not even running!!! There ain't no way in Hell I'm gonna take advice from anybody about my race car that does not even have a running/race ready race car! It seems the people who do not have to buy the useless sh*t,because they do not have a car or their car is not fast enough are the ones who are always pushing and wanting all of the stoopid A$$ rules. Ya'll say if you can afford to build a $80,000.00-$100,000.00 you can afford all these little piss A$$ $150.00-$250.00 parts that we don't need.I say after we have done spent $100,000 on our race car with all the latest greatest stuff,we need to keep our $$$ to race.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"