I agree. But I think you are off about 7-8 months on your petition. I believe that NHRA looks that these requests before the "The Book" gets written. As the season winds down the Tech Dept. has more time to review any requests. I would help if you could get some testimony from some of the belt manufactures that 5 years is acceptable. Probably won't happen. That's a guaranteed income stream for them. This rule could be made optional for individual tracks or for bracket cars 8.80 and above. I also agree that the attachment points and the condition of the webbing is most important. If you don't get any feedback from NHRA in a timely manner go directly to your divisional Tech director and have him forward it before the end of the season. You can also pull the petitioners names and send them to their requests to the divisional Tech directors for more punch. And not to steal any thunder from Moparts,try posting the same request on Class Racer. Class racers have more interaction with NHRA than bracket racers. Its the nature of the beast.