Quote:

Quote:

Google sfi and see exactly who makes up the foundation

I did look up the testing specs but frankly they are vague.

SFI claims the thread used in race belts degrades and loses half its breaking strength in one year when continuously exposed to *outdoor exposure*.

1) Who leaves their racing seatbelts outside continuously?

2) There is no breaking strength listed just percentage. So how many pounds of force were required to break the belts? Is it still greater the human body can withstand? No data is provided.

I'd be of the opinion the testing is flawed since no one I'm aware of leaves seat belts continuously outside (this is SFI's terminology not mine) and if the thread is an issue then by god I'd spend extra for some thread that isn't junk.

Has anyone EVER seen a broken race belt? I have seen cars picked up with decades old passenger car belts.

Maybe the manufactures need to improve their product and use a thread that does not degrade, if this material is more expensive, but gives you a 5 year lifetime on belts get sfi to make a new spec for these belts. At least you would be through with the hassle part, maybe even keep the current material and spec for those that did not want to spend the extra cash.