Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It more or less comes down to who you are and if they want you to come to there Track and race.The small tracks have to operate like the Big Time NHRA Tracks.Think about it they are not gonna throw JFR or DSR out if they bend the rules a little!
If no racers show up at the track to race,just how long are they going to stay in business?People sit back and tell us Racers nobody cares what we think or do,well if all of us stick together and do not race at there Tracks unless they have a Big NHRA or IHRA race to keep them in business with 15-20 cars showing up each week to race they go belly up!It has already been proven the Tracks can not only stay in business with just racers and only a hand full of spectators but do just fine.If they pack the stands with spectators and have no racers,things do not go very well for them.
I can not speak for anyone other than myself,but I am only going to race at the Tracks were they come up and tell me they are Glad to see me and Happy to have me there.Not some where where they think they are doing me a favor by letting me be there and want me to jump through hoops to please them.

So are you saying we should only race at some marginal, backwater track where we know the tech guys who let you slide? Just inferring that but that's kind of what it sounds like. Correct me if I am wrong.

Of course, NHRA cares about image and attendance at their events but not at the expense bodily harm or fatalities to their racers caused by compromised safety equipment.

Also, comparing weekend warrior/sportsman racers to an operation like Force or DSR is silly. Would you get into a Top Fuel car with out of date belts? I wouldn't. I bet they change harnesses and belts pretty often.

Regardless, those guys are subject to the rules just like everyone else. They can either comply or not but my guess is that it would be very costly for them NOT to be in compliance.

Does this look like a marginal back water track to you?This is one of not just the Best Tracks in the South but the nation!Like I said its the Racer you are that dictates what you can & can't do.

How could we tell ANYTHING about the track in question, from THAT tiny pic.........other than the fact that tech and safety take a back seat there, because they are allowing you to race a dragster with a t-shirt and no gloves. Or are you saying because of "who you are" they let you by with this.........Either way, sounds pretty "back water" to me............But I will take a shot......Montgomery?

And if that IS Montgomery......while a decent track, it is far from one of the nicest tracks in the nation. You need to get out more...............LOL!!!..........but Jackie DOES plant pretty flowers there..........LOL!!!

Monte