Well, if I may add. The one thing that will come from this is that where ever it may be on the globe, there comes a determination when the stakes get high and there is no limitations within reason that can't be achieved or at least explored.
I think that everyone here and beyond in taking a peek into the skeletal doings of these cars will only create a swarm of inspiration in the right direction, and that direction will be the love of Hot Rodding as we knew it on or off the books.
Some will choose the flick of a catalog (and again, I have also) and some will just go at it unilaterally different. Now that Thumperdart has released this thread to the world, I felt to release my skunkworks of the craft to a great crowd like you all.

Case in point was my Hood scoop. After reading how special and rare those 2% and Altered wheel base cars were and wanting to mirror them in this generation with a street version, I went to a catalog trying to find such a scoop. When I could not find a regular A990 scoop that could be made and delivered in my life time, I went at it with a piece of discarded aluminum sheet, plywood, hammers and a friend willing to weld. In doing so, I opted for the higher 65'AFX type scoop on the car now for more air intake and that FX Nostalgic look. I was so proud of the thing, I took it to my bed side after being finished because I could not believe that it was real. LOL.

I know Doctor Diff fairly well since we talk every now and then on ideas at the Nationals and he made my Slightly lightweight Dana 60 (more on it later) so I think he had just as much fun in doing these hubs.
But, will he built others? I'm not sure.
Will people think it's worth it? I don't know, but for sure the hubs were affordably lightweight on the wallet being the first prototypes and they both saved 6+ Lbs on an already lightweight system. Ironically, the idea was spawned in my head from looking at catalogs that catered only to Disc brake assemblies in this current climate where Drums are faded to memory. I was this close to ordering but that bulb lit up in contrast to logic.
When it comes to money, I hold on to my $$ just as anyone here since it's rather tight at times and believe you me, there have been times where the rent money was spent on materials to make something or another. Just ask all my X-Girl friends. LOL
In the case of car crafting here in New York, both now and back in the day, but mostly back in the day, your game had to be on kill in order to survive the ruthless nature of competition. While most went to fat durations and rev limitless motors and or nitrous I went the other way in keeping it simple and fun. I may have not won every race on the clock, but I've won my fair share off the clock and with nothing more than a weightless whisper.
Like the saying goes "Necessity is the Mother of invention"

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 02/05/13 01:09 PM.