Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
Flat hood pin on.
It's not a PITA as much as it may seem. Mine is aluminum and heavier than a glass A-team hood and I still manage to lift off and arrive back on the four pins with precision. There is simply an exercise/maneuver that makes it a breeze to lift up, swing into position and walk away. Similar moves going back on but with a touch of TLC speed to keep things from being scratched and or broken. The weight taken off the very front and high on the car is well worth it.
I agree, not bummin' on other Dusters with open air systems, but a flat hood makes for some head scratching and admiration.
Aluminum prop shaft from Dynotech or Mark Williams will be proper and right the first time around. There is still a few items on that pup that will bring your numbers back down.
Curt "Glasses" had his Duster down to high 2900 Lbs with little done.
Back seat is an option, but I'd reinstall it and look elsewhere for savings. My personal opinion of that Duster is that it should look the street car part. You could also gut it and have there for looks.
Yes, it's should be around 40-50 pounds total for the seat and back cushion.

Thanks Lee, that's the kind of input I was looking for. I think as it sits right now it might be pretty close to 2,900.

I slept on it, back seat will go back in since I don't want a gutted interior. There's been effort made to keep the interior looking 'normal' so in keeping with that idea, the seat will stay. Hopefully my kids appreciate it!

A flat pin-on hood is not something you see often, might be kinda cool. Will probably hit up the Palm Reader to make it look decent. From all I've read, I think there could be at least 40-50 lbs off the front with a glass hood and no hinges.

While the interior is out, I considered a glass dash but I didn't want to create more work for myself when I'm almost at the finish line. The car has been on jack stands for over two years, it needs to be finished.

Did some research on driveshafts last evening. There seems to be a lot of debate whether they are worth the price on a street car. I dunno, just kind of a better mousetrap. Trimming the dead weight seems to be the biggest benefit. Not sure what the cost/benefit is as far as ET though, seems to be minimal.

Al, I've been to Marty when he was out in Mastic Beach, I actually forgot about him! Thanks for the heads up, I will give him a call.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500