RMCHRGr

The micro side of enlightenment seems expensive to a short term thinker like most out there, but if you are invested in the car for the long marriage, then it will eventually pay off because a lighter car will break less parts and the motor does not have to be a Killer whale to make good steam.
Me personally, I'd rather have less maintenance with a lighter and less HP package then always having to regroup both parts and money and pulling motors in and out more than your average Dentist pulls teeth.

I think the early A-bodies (Valiants, Signets, etc.)could give the later A-bodies Darts, Cuda's Dusters) a run for their money in the weight department, but the Dusters have an advantage over hang in the rear like no other and a little more room for a bigger tire like you said.

My friends 72' Duster had trimmed down to a featherly 2900 or so pounds a few years back with out driver, since then he has added a few features to it, but still light. If I had a longer involvement in its diet, that thing would need to be anchored to keep from floating away.

Like you said, you only live now and at least your dreams are always there for the experience now and further.