Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
I finally made some progress on my new exhaust.

pulled the old system down, 3" TTI H-pipe system, 2 chamber flows, modified tailpipes to go around the fuel cell all the way to the bumper, weighed in at ~60lbs total, lighter than I anticipated.

I have one of the aluminum mufflers buttoned up, modeled after the now defunct Vibrant aluminum bullets, 3.5" ID, ~5" OD, 14" long case, rolled the perf tubing for the center, and roller the outer case, integrated a 45 degree dump into the outlet. The perf tube is wrapped with fiberglass cloth, then the case was packed with fireproof mineral wool meant for 3" pipe.

Finished welding up the first one today, and threw it on the scale, 4 lb 4 oz.
These will be connected to Stainless collector extensions via an aluminum x-pipe.

Buttoned up the new exhaust today. Stainless collector extensions to an aluminum x-pipe and home-grown aluminum mufflers. 3.5" dumping before the axle.

I could have found some thinner stainless for the collector extensions, but I already had the 0.065" wall stuff.

Took a test drive today...just as a realtor was showing off the neighbor's place...haha. It is quite a bit louder, but has a good sound. Car feels a bit more responsive. Wednesday is supposed to be a T&T session if the weather holds out

Since this is the Jenny Craig thread...

Old 3" TTI system was 60 lb

New system, clamps and all is 24 lb

Saved a bit of weight, and hopefully got rid of some of the backpressure, plus it kept me out or trouble for a couple weeks.

IMG_2200.JPG

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater