Quote:

Quote:

Craig. I have been meaning to ask this along the way and just saw a couple photos that show it pretty well. Is the stock width of the LX just slim enough to place the 2" X 4" structural steel rocker ties in between the two cars or did you have to trim the LX to fit them between. They look like they fit pretty well without trimming.

Yep, the LX is actually narrower than the RR. I used 2x5 square tube to tie the two together and "fill" the space in between. The LX floor supports are about 4-3/4" tall from the bottom of the pan to the top of the support, so 5" is what I needed. I didn't really show it, but once I cut open the rocker, I plug welded an 1/8" x 1" wide flat strip to the inside edge of each rocker, top and bottom. Once the 2X5 was welded to the rocker, it has another 1/8" angle welded from the 2x5 to the sill on the inside and on top. That's how you get over 50' of weld, each side!, for installing the box beam.

Thanks Craig I was wondering how it tied together. Thanks again and looking great.