Quote:

How is it going with this project???

Started back on this one. You can see I've moved it to the back shop.

Started by prepping the rockers to accept the extension of the frame rail. I pie cut it so I could fully weld the two pieces together

Their is a box channel above the cut that is the inner structure of the RR. I will tie into it.

Just enough room for the window regulator to fully retract. Fully welded sub structure ready for the rear pan.

This is the inner part that I have notched for rail. I've seen others do these cars, recently in Mopar Muscle. I don't want to take anything away from the effort that was put forth, but I'd be concerned with the structure of the cars being built by being skinned. I've studied engineering, but am not an engineer, but understand it. The frame rail section on the LX car is THE integral part of the structure that everything attaches to. It provides the beaming strength of the chassis and transfers the loads front to rear and vice versa. It also is the side impact structure. When they skin these cars, they are cutting away the outer structure of the beam and then using the donor cars 18 gauge rockers to re-complete the beam. That's not ideal. The LX structure is two and 3 layers deep and 14+ gauge. I chose to install the frame beams that attach to the floor sections and to the body. The RR shell does not have to provide the beaming strength for the chassis or vice versa. They do add weight, and I have erred to the side of strength, but I feel it's worth it for safety and chassis rigidity.

Still fitting, but you can see this will attach to the inner structure of the RR.

The rear suspension and jig are what locate the rear floor section. Will post pics when I get that under and start welding this in.

Craig Scholl
CJD Automotive, LLC
Jacksonville, FL
www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com
904-400-1802

"I own a Mopar. I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification"