Quote:

OK, one more detail,and will have enough info to keep me occupied until I can afford a Hemi, or I gack...whichever comes first.
On the basis of what I have been told here, (and it all seems to be pretty good mostly first hand experience),is it safe to say that my thinking bigger cubic inch is better with even a stock or "legend" Hemi head, up to a point?
Seems like the flow #s I've seen over the years support this (within reason),as it looks like you would be good up to 500" easily?
I often thought the Hemi really would have been even more spectacular in NASCAR at 500", without that pesky 7 liter limit.(And some incredibly violent and mortal crashes at upwards of 250MPH, no doubt)
Final thoughts,guys?

Yeah ... i agree with the flow #s supporting 500 cubes, maybe a bit more. 7 litre limit didn't stop the high speed handling/tire problems in the mid/late 60's, it magnified it. Motors were making power, chassis and tire science barely could keep up back then.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)