Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That would be Lane Carey's Stang you are talking about. Last I heard it was a 557 wedge eng based on the 429 CJ I believe. Very nice looking and running 71 Stang. Dave's eng was like 496 cubes I think ? Isn't Dave going to run Pure Stock with his new Hemi Super Bee ? Ron

Ron, Both Dudeks' and Carey motors are well into 500 inches. Dudeks is around 528", while Careys' is 588".

Dave D's motor is under 500 cubes. 496..

If Dudek's engine is 496ci and the Mustang is a 588ci BES deal, with what is probaby 15+ compression and a camshaft of epic proportions, including ALL the BES know-how throughout the rest of the assembly and he only has a tenth or so on the Roadrunner (and needs !!!AFTERMARKET !!! steering help to keep the car safe), maybe it's time to look into a max effort BOSS 429......just in case someone builds a HEMI with some current SS technology.

You got it, Jim..

Supposedly the Barton built FAST Hemi put enough power on the dyno that everyone is going to get ...Its a super high revving deal, too..Knowing what I know of Dave D's Hemi build it's surprisingly "low" tech. Credit to the Hemi's inherent design. He's even got a 440Source crank spinning in there

MB