Quote:

Its a 429 CJ based engine. Those heads have tremendous potential, especially when coupled with big cubes. From what is known the engine is bigger than 600". Yes, its a Tony Bischoff engine with supposedly a very high $$ budget. How much its been teched, I dont know? I do know Dave's Hemi was torn completely downm for all to see.

Its all a moot point, though. From what I have been told, the Barton built FAST Hemi will blow everyone out of the water. Should be on the track very soon.

MB

It IS a SUPER Cobra Jet based block that measures UNDER 600", 'nuff said. If you want find out the EXACT cubes, talk to Lane. You'll get an answer NOT guesstimation!

I know Lane for many years and we are considered friends. Good guy I thought that when the aftermarket block debate came up, he intimated that the motor he already had was over 600", and that the new block rule would put him at a handicap? .. If I dont have that right, then by all means I stand corrected. Yeah, everyone knows its a SUPER Cobra Jet. I was just giving the Cliffs Notes version.

MB