I'm going to second the post from BG Racing ... if your #1 goal is NOT HP per dollar spent and you want to have a legendary engine design sitting between your fenderwells ... then you should build up a Hemi. I've been a Mopar Man since 1979 and have always run Wedge motors. All through the 80's and into the 90's, the Hemi option was just too expensive because of the limited supply of blocks and heads. I started buying parts for a Hemi back in 2008. Now it's 2012 and I'm pretty close to having everything I need. I hope to have the Hemi installed and running by summer 2013. Why a Hemi? ... well they never did a TV commercial with the Tag Line "that thing got a Wedge in it?".

My only second thought is the Predator Head option ... that wasn't available when I started buying parts and I put down a deposit on some Stage V heads from MCH back in 2008.

I was up at the Curt George Memorial Race at Pgh Raceway Park a few weeks ago ... while strolling the pits, I walked past lots of Indy headed wedges and barely took a second look. I did stop to look at all the Hemis and I think I saw one Predator headed car there. Hemi's have "gravity" they just pull you over to take a closer look. And to think that the Gen II 426 design came out in 1964ish and we're still talking about it almost 50 years later ... WOW!

Last edited by rumblefish72; 07/12/12 08:26 AM.

1972 Pro-Street 'Cuda, 500" Eagle stoker B Block, Eddy RPM heads, Victor Manifold, 850 Mighty Demon, Hemi 4 Speed, Dana 60 w/4.88 gears - Built by Hansen Racing Middlesex - NJ