Quote:

Yes, I read your WHOLE lists of posts and I'll condense my post so you will understsand where I am coming from:

#1 In a comparision of reality and cost, cost dictates the level of speed you quest for 90% of the time. 10% is for ingenuity (free power gains).
#2 I agree that there are areas where ONLY a HEMI head will do, but... DON"T treat it as the "one engine that does it all"! It's raw power dictates it's longevity and unsurpassed power in the 8.90 and faster time brackets and upper racing classes, BUT remember.... the streets/slower bracket classes BELONG to the Wedges! Lower cost to operate. Period. Once again, speed COSTS - how FAST you want to go! Limited street/strip stormer/upper class competitive racer, go HEMI. Super hot "streeter/strip" machine, bracket/lower class racer, go Wedge.

But.....But......But.....the HEMI !!!IS!!! the one engine that does it all. In fact, it's the ONLY engine that does it all.

From 14sec stocker, to 3sec nitro hauler and anything in between. NOTHING else can do thaaaaaaaat.

Plus, if you bring a 440 sixpak car, or Max Wedge machine to the same venue I happen to be at with my HEMICUDA', don't get upset when people stand on those cars to take pictures of mine (once the crowd around it thins out enough to actually be able to see it).

Funny thing though, the SCORES of WEDGE owners tend think differently. And if you think that anyone going to stand on an A12 car to take a picture of a HEMICUDA, they WILL go home on crutches!! Not cool!! 14 sec Hemi stocker? It's a JOKE!! A tuned Magnum can crack the low 14-high 13 sec barrier. Don't EMBARRASS the HEMI, like that. A HEMI stocker with todays tires and nothing else should run 12.9's-12.5's, weight/chassis depending. Heck a 6-pack can do that and cruise comfortably on the road. I "respect" your HEMICUDA, it is after all a rare car (Plymouth nameplate gone - double rare) and it has "legendary status"! Compare it to a "MAXIE", I'll go with the "MAXIE" time and time again.

Riddle Me This: If the HEMI was or is the "one all" motor,
WHY are there so many options for the WEDGE motors (both big and small) and NOT the HEMI?

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)