Hmmmmmm.....interesting retort.

My turn.....

1. I know a little about torque.....my HEMI has about 1200tq. Lo and behold, I haven't put it in a tree......yet.

2. You take an factory BBC iron head and factory block.....I'll take a factory iron HEMI head and block. Max effort engines and lets see which one has a higher ceiling. I know where my money will be.

3. Buick??? "Shirly" you jest??? I ain't talkin' bout some stock style "rules" class.....I'm taking about serious engines built for racing.

4. Reading is FUNdamental. Go back and re-read what I said and you'll see I was speaking of a REAL N/A deal, beyond a SS/AH build. A top of the hill SS HEMI makes 1000+. Do you not think without the restrictions of SS, it wouldn't make more??? A RAW Millennium head as the foundation, dry sump, "trick" crankshaft, light rods, piston guided rods, any piston/ring combination w/max vac, Ti valve, two dominators, etc. and development time. You don't believe that would approach 2.5???

5. The HEMI is surpassed by the chevy on the aftermarket food chain??? Not on my planet. Last I checked the top aftermarket HEMI engines were in the 10,000hp range....running 320+ to 1000ft. You do realize that an AJ, or BAE is aftermarket HEMI......do you not???

6. As far as fords go, they have the same support as chey does in the aftermarket. You can build a killer with either one. The stock ford big dog heads flowed like the Mississippi river on the intake side, (with slow airspeed)...which is where the "port plugs" and "port plates" came in handy, but a crushed garden hose on the exhaust side, in a number of instances. I've seen it on the bench. Can all these engines make power??? Sure they can.....I ain't here to poop on anyone's stuff.

Now for the good stuff.....

I don't care what happened in 1975 and I don't care that a HEMI cost more to build than a 440. We all know that. What we all should also know, is the HEMI has a higher ceiling than the wedge when both engines are topped out.

It would seem after reading the last sentence, that I've just been challenged to an acceleration contest, sooooooooo.......let me say this......

Unfortunately, I don't have 5500 clams in my HEMI engine. I have more than that in the PSI screw that sit atop it.

!!!BUT!!!

I have $5499.99 invested in a lowly smallblock (wedge) MOPAR with factory heads, intake and block sitting in my barn door shaped 70' Dart, that I drive regularly on the street. Would you like to "line up w/me" with that.....for a few coins???

I don't care what you have as long as it's a registered, street driven car, on motor.

Is ya in???

Two points I'll make here:

I don't think that I would be "STUPID" enough to run a 600+ "street driven" Maxie against a HEMI that has TWICE the HP! Ain't gonna happen! I'll take my chances against Mikes' 12.5 to 1 comp HEMI Challenger. Running against a "HEMI" with a "aluminum lung" on top? You will be RUNNING
against YOURSELF!

And yes, the CHEVROLET and FORD engines DO surpass the HEMI, in the aftermarket. As the years
go by, NEW products come down the line for these two brands before any other! They have cornered the "mail order" parts system, as well as the auto part store inventory and their "respective" factory motorsports divisions. It's getting to the point, where, you spend a grand-and-a-half and can get a "top end" kit (less carbs) for them!! Try that with a HEMI.

And your #4 reply is NON-STREETABLE. 95% SS/A cars
are trailered, unless you are talking about a "as delivered" factory condition HEMI Super Stock car.
The other "5%", I reserve for the "super bold" owner/drivers who (have the HEART to) run them on the street! Which SOME do!!
And IMO, the Buick big block, HAS been and will
always be Mopars' NEMESIS . The "few" and dedicated that DO run them (Buick racers) know that "rpm's" DO get the job done UPSTAIRS. BUT...heaping amounts of torque at a LOWER rpm, will get you "out-of-the-gate" FIRST and (majority of the time) the WIN!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)