Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Respectfully, HEMI owners you do have a RIGHT to BOAST ... but don't beat up the WEDGE owners in the process. They defended the Mopar legacy for decades. I wonder how you guys would "fare" against the 427 SOHC "Cammer" or the Boss 429? Or the Cleveland-head motors? Do "Supersized" Rat motors pose more OR less of a threat these "days"? How about the deadly 430 and 455 Buick torque monsters? Nobody wants to talk about that (the above motors)!! Yeah, it's EASIER to "pick" on your siblings, BUT.. harder for you to BEAT the "Brand X" (no not Russell Brand ) rivals!! Say it isn't so.

First off, only 3 people on planet Earth have ever seen a 427 SOHC and none of those were ever at a traffic light, while 4 people have seen a dinosaur. Have you ever been in cars with Boss 429, or Cleveland headed engines??? They have trouble falling out of a tree with their poorly balanced factory heads.

The big block chevy in stock iron head configuration is not the killer it is when you throw as much "chevy" as possible in the dumpster and bolt on as much aftermarket as possible.

And......I'll take my chances with a HEMI done right vs the um'.......Buick done right.

When it comes to stock blocks and heads, the ceiling is quite high compared to the "Brand X" crowd. A HEMI on "kill" (beyond a SS/AH build) with a factory block, heads and stroke can push the 2.5hp per inch range. Try that with a Max Wedge. As for the aftermarket....well, that's a whole different ballgame.

But of course you do realize that a HEMI engine also sits at the top of the aftermarket food chain, do you not???

Forget it, Jim... Don't bother wasting your time arguing about it. Seems like the wedge guys just think the Hemi devotees are nothing but a bunch of elitist snobs with small manhood syndrome. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact the its just plain a better design!! And all along I thought we were on the same team?

MB

I hear ya.....

Thing is, I love me some wedge engine. The most fun car I've owned was a 69' Barracuda with a 499ci Indy 440-1, but to compare the different designs on a performance level borders on foolishness. From stock factory iron to a "fuel" head, the HEMI is the big dog.

In a world with budgets and options, the Indy and B1 stuff are quality pieces and are capable of big power, so maybe we should be happy there are choices.

Although it would be nice to have a HEMI head that bridges the gap between the Millennium and the "pro" stuff.......something along the lines of what the chevy guys have with Raptors, Big Chiefs and Profilers.

Mr. Ray Barton and Mr. Eric Hansen.....are ya listening???