I am really regretting my choice to weigh in on this thread in the first place.
Jon's a good kid, and seeming to bash him on a public forum is the last place I would want to be.

Quote:

Driving the car gave me horrendous bump steer -with how low it is- because the crappy KYBs were on the bottom end of their travel and rendered themselves useless.

When I first read the above portion of Jon's original post, it seemed to me that he thought the bump steer issue came solely from the lowering of the car, and not tie rod geometry. Upon further review, it was probably just a sentence structure issue. If he didn't know before, he surely understands now where the tie rod end needs to be.

Here's the tie rod background. The heim joint in place of outer TRE first came about in hopes that a smaller mass piece would resolve the wheel clearance issue. When that was not enough, the heim was flipped up on top. Although doing this resolved that particular interference issue, it rendered the car virtually undrivable. It was at this point I was brought in to align the car. Once I got over to Ron's, it was revealed to me what had been done, and I explained why a simple alignment would not resolve his issues.

Jon posed two specific questions - getting his wheels to fit and his shocks to fit.

AndyF and others have had some suggestions for getting the wheels to fit.

On to the shocks... Just as the steering geometry was news to me on alignment day, the shock stuff was unknown to me prior to opening this thread the first time. Resolving the front shock mounting issue without making the length issue worse will be a challenge. Fabricated adapters would have to marry the ends of the shocks to the LCA and inner fender at points in space far enough apart to match the length limitations of the shocks. A top adapter that fits under the existing inner fender will place the lower end even lower - probably too low for even a special saddle to address without dragging on the ground. This leaves the necessity of piercing the inner fender and placing that adapter up into the engine compartment. This is a very adventurous project to get shocks to fit.

Down to just a blue car now.