Frankenduster: This has nothing to do with pretty shocks. The were specifically built for my car and custom valved by one of the head engineers at Bilstein, and they were a birthday gift. If I wanted $400 bolt in OEM-type shocks I could have bought them. This has to do with the performance aspect as this is going to be a ROAD RACE car, not a restoration. If that's the only advice you have I'd suggest you troll the restoration forum as this isn't supposed to be a place of standard Mopar close-mindedness.

Steve: Due to being at a new school and job the car hasn't been touched in a while. I've tried to find places with proper backspacing wheels that are the same design as current, but have been very unsuccessful in my endeavors. The tie-rod setup is being removed and it's all going back to stock. It just boils down to wasting more money on a temporary solution, which I'd like to avoid if possible. The flipped tie rods go back to something Ron told me could be done. I knew little-to-nothing about suspension at the time and didn't understand the aspects of geometry of changing those types of things, which is why it wound up that way.

runinonmt: those are adjusters on the shocks not screws.

Thanks to the others for the solid input. I measured the shocks and they are a hair over 1/2" wide, so I'm gonna have to come up with a different solution for the shocks. I talked to Eric and he said he measured these out longer than stock, so I definitely cannot put on something that is going to shorten it 1". Because I'll destroy the shocks if they bottom out before the car is on the bump stops.

Last edited by JonsGottaDusta; 03/23/12 03:27 PM.