Quote:

Jon, if you have not yet flipped the outer tie rod ends back to where they belong (under the ball joint knuckle), no amount of shock fussing will alleviate your bump steer. I thought I made that clear back when I tried to align it for you. You say that you have taken the Mustang wheels off, so I assume that was so you could put the tie rods back where they belong. Is that not true?

If you are still trying to make the Mustang wheels work on your car, I will simply repeat what Ron, myself and others have told you - get some wheels that fit your car properly. There are other wheels on the planet besides steelies and those Mustang wheels.

I apologize if I have misunderstood your post, and will step aside and let others weigh in if that is the case.

!! Wait second. Hold the phone! I didn't see where he flipped the tie rods to the top side of the steering arm. Sounds like Steve has some inside insight on this.

Ok, from the bump steer measurements I took on my A-body car, that WILL give you a bump steer condition. That's changing the axis point up 1" to 1 1/2" up.

Usually with 17" rims you will have to run spacers to get an affective (net) backspacing of 5.7 to 5.5" But that is really dependent on the inside diameter of the particular rim you are using. Rim with the same tire size diameter will have different inside diameters near that ball joint.

Also the amount of caster you run can sometimes make the tie rod closer to the rim.