Hello New Forum,

I'll first list off the front suspension modifications on my Duster and then the predicament we are currently facing.

11.75" Disc Brake conversion
Hotchkis strut rods
1" torsion bars
Boxed LCA's + K-frame
All poly bushings
Hellwig front bar
FR 16:1 manual steering box
Custom made heim-joint + sleeve instead of tierods
17" Mustang Bullit Wheels with 5.94"(?) backspacing
KYB Shocks

So the issue I'm having is that nothing fits right and after months of hassle I'm forced to throw some 15" steelies back on the car. Driving the car gave me horrendous bump steer -with how low it is- because the crappy KYBs were on the bottom end of their travel and rendered themselves useless. Fortunately, one of my good friends was an engineer at Bilstein and he got me a set of fully adjustable, custom valved shocks (off our measurements) and now I'm trying to come up with a way for everything to work properly.

The questions:
1.) Is there any variation of spacer or something that could make this wheel work with stock tie rods?
2.) The new shock ends are heim jointed ends, so there has to be something fabricated to mount them (upper mount). We were thinking about something similar to a first-gen mustang or falcon shock tower, since they are a little longer than stock. But I'm open to any input and and suggestions you may have. Fabrication isn't really an issue, it's just trying to find the proper setup for this.

Any comments or input you have is greatly appreciated, thanks.

7129901-e196cb24.jpg (113 downloads)