Quote:

Quote:

BEST POST ON MOPARTS EVER!!!!
Thanks for sharing! Amazing tour!

My thoughts exactly!

Couldn't agree more, and not just because I'm in some of the pictures!

I didn't even have time to let the third page load, I'll have to come back and do that later (I'm supposed to be driving someplace right now in the 2011 Challenger I bought soon after we met!) Thank you so much for posting the pictures and the stories.

Believe it or not, you were the subject of conversations at just about every Chrysler factory in the US & Canada about a month after your plant tour... Like I mentioned to you, I wrote a story for the Warren Stamping Plant paper about your visit, which was later seen by our corporate communications department. They liked the story and invited me up to the HQ to do a "virtual meeting" that linked up to all the Chrysler plants (part of a usual monthly meeting).

I've always been proud of my city, and the place that I work. But your kind words and photos will have me standing just a bit taller today! You can bet this thread is going to get circulated!

You and I talked some serious politics when we weren't staring at cars, and as I said... You have a better understanding and appreciation of the way America is supposed to work than most Americans I know! This place would be a lot better off with more "Hans'"! On that note, have you ever considered picking up a cheap condo in a warm-weather US state for your retirement? Phoenix is no Detroit when it comes to cars, but there is plenty to keep busy with! Not suggesting you leave Finland anymore than I plan to leave Michigan, just a place to escape the hard winter months.

No need to apologize for buying a car because you couldn't bear to see it scrapped... I just did the same thing with this '69 Imperial which I needed like a hole in the head (see driveway), but it kills me that somebody was going to derby this 43-year-old beauty!

(Ignore the Zombie makeup... I posed with the back-from-dead car while I was dressed as a Zombie for Halloween)

I definitely want to see more of Europe, and would love to go during that huge Power Meet in Sweden. Of course, you'll probably get back to Detroit before I make it there, but either way we'll connect.

Again, thanks for the awesome post and links!