I did get to Chicago really late and Jim hadn't slept in a good while so he wasn't too happy about us having to go for a major drive still that night to change trucks. He did what had to be done though, I do appreciate it! I needed to get to Tennessee fast in order to have time for my other plans for the coming weekend...but there was some more logistics that needed to be sorted out. US Nationals was approaching and Jim needed to get his 1969 Dodge there...and the NHRA Safety Safari car. How would that work out? Well, let's just say that if a guy from a faraway land would transport the Safety Safari car to Indy he'd have memories for a lifetime! The pic is taken at the Z-Alt Musclecar Oil Distributon Center, try their stuff;

www.z-alt.com

Tennessee, here we come;

I know a guy who is a big time farmer (by our standards, I guess 3000 acres is a hobby farm in the US) back home and since he is born in 1967 he has been thinking a long time about getting a C-body from 1967. He works way too much, at least 100 hours every week and has never had a holiday so I thought it might be good to get him something to balance that off...hopefully he doesn't take that hobby time away from sleeping hours though? The 1967 300 wasn't perfect but with a bit of work it will be a nice summer cruiser and it is loaded with options starting with the 440TNT engine. This car did cost almost the same as three base Valiants back in the day. It still had the original window sticker and was always a local car;

The one thing that got me into trouble was that the guy selling the 300 also had a 1967 New Yorker 2dHT for next to nothing. His dad who used to own the cars, had passed away and this project was never completed. Of the 67-68 Chryslers the 67 NY has always been my favorite and since the only offer had been from a derby guy I simply had to drag it home so it would be saved. What can I say, I'm a sick sick man.

Drive that old Chrysler to Mexico, boy! Well, not quite but I was headed to Houston, Texas which is good for a ZZ Top fan too;

If you ever get to Houston with a trailer, don't be lazy and tired like me and rely on the GPS. First time around I used the Sam Houston Tollway and just to get to the other side of Houston was $20!!

Since I am a trucker I wanted to see The Great American Trucking Show in Dallas the next day. I was so tired that I just took off the Interstate at a Super 8 a bit south from city center and later when I checked the area on the internet it had a lot of vehicle break-ins in the motel parking lot and was not recomended. Well, I was lucky and nothing happened. The trucking show was amazing and one can only imagine what it takes to detail these besats to this degree;

Gotta dig those twin stick transmissions!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ffkS37miQ

Lots of cool stuff here including this Bonneville Studebaker familiar from many major magazines;

Being again an old school guy this 3 million mile Kenworth was my favorite;

Lots of cool trucks humming away in the parking lot (with courtesy buses running non stop to the show) in the 104 degree heat;

The best part of the day is still ahead though including a really historic finding from Chrysler's racing days in the 60:s!