I mentioned that visiting the old Chrysler Highland Park HQ site was the climax of my trip and it was, due to the fact that pretty much everything cool had its start there. But there were many other things that ranked just beside it, the tour of Warren Stamping and Warren Truck were absolutely way up there too. I owe Carmine big time for this but there were many other people involved that made it happen for a nobody from a faraway land! I even got to shake hands with the plant manager of Warren Truck, sure appreciate the hospitality Sir! And what's too cool is the fact that so many people in the plant have classic MoPars themselves. It is a first class operation in all respects and I could have spent weeks or months here to see and learn everything! I also enjoyed the fact that the truck plant is so rich in history, I have several trucks that were made here so it added to the excitement! Of course the plant looks different outside than it looked back in the day (bummer) but that's what companies tend to do, make things look modern. I guess what has kept it running for so long is the fact that it is a one story factory unlike many of the older ones. This is the main reason why the old factories in Detroit are gone, they represent a different thinking and the new ones need a lot more acreage to build. That is one major reason why the factories moved to the suburbs...or why a lot of Hamtramck was leveled to get GM to build on the old Dodge Hamtramck site and its surroundings. OK, enough talking, let's get inside where it all happens, first Warren Stamping;

From back in the day, the area was so different then;

Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue!

The whole place is clean as a pin;

A lot of the production here goes to Warren Truck next door but also to other Chrysler factories (and no, the Schuler presses are not Daimler-related, they were in place before);

History is not hidden in these halls;

Walking through the parking lot/shipping area to Warren Truck we find something cool, the monthly employee car show!

A true gearhead has cars on display all over Detroit...that is Carmine's beautiful Imperial in the foreground!

Chrysler had a couple of cars to show too;

A lot of cool cars in this little American vehicles only show with a great relaxed atmosphere;