The day wasn't over yet though! I had to perform an oil change on Jim's truck and thought he'd get a kick out of that being done at what seems to be the site of the old Jimmy Addison Sunoco of the Silver Bullet fame! This Valvoline oil change facilty is located at the legendary intersection of Woodward and Taunton;

At Woodward and 13 Mile Road Chrysler was out in force and setting up shop. In this area I spent a lot of my time at the cruise walking up and down on Woodward;

Just a short distance to the north GM also had their stuff pretty much ready;

Great display of their new engines;

And an even better one of the classic ones. Very cool!;

Couldn't stay long here either though because now it is ice-cream time! Roger, the friendly Packard man, told me that the yearly Packard ice cream social would be tonight and that I would be welcome to attend! Since I'm not the one saying no to sweet things it's a done deal! Great cars present and great people as well! Thank you goes also to the hosts, Roger and Sue (different ones than the ones previously mentioned ), the ice cream was great and your house is beautiful!

I saw a Kaiser Darrin earlier at the cruise and thought that was pretty special...but here's another one! Cool cars for sure! Check out the doors, they slide into the fenders...

Bowling anyone? Lots of entaertainment and cool stuff here;

John who played the massive organ (the size of a good sized garage!) is also an organ player at the downtown Fox Theater and an automotive historian. I don't know anything about playing music but this guy was impressive!

http://www.historicdetroit.org/building/fox-theatre/

With my stomach filled and a bunch great new experiences richer I had some time still at Woodward. I was getting a bit excited though as something really spectacular would be going down on Friday! BTW, many people warned about Detroit and I have to agree. There is dangerous stuff around...the Bloomfield Hills mosquitoes will draw blood out of you faster than the scavengers can kill the Packard plant!