My original plan was to drive to the west coast on the last week (instead of going to Texas now) but time and money was in short supply already and if something would come up on that last leg I might miss my flight. Besides, Jim promised to take care of some of that west coast stuff for me and he really wanted me to see the US Nationals. I have to admit that I really don't follow current drag racing, the nostalgia stuff is more my thing. But this was the US Nationals and it might be a good idea to see it at least once in a lifetime. Besides, there is a lot to see besides racing, many interesting cars on display, the cool motorhomes and race rigs that are out of this world for a European, all the vendors and the whole huge event in general. So, I made the sensible descision and headed to Indianapolis from Texas. Besides, this way Jim would get his two car trailer where he needs it

Jim had already set everthing up a couple of days ago so all I had to do was grab a cold one and check out the circus

This Willys gasser with a blown Hemi was one of the absolute highlights. It was really more of a jewel than a car. Fantastic!

http://www.mydigitalpublication.com/display_article.php?id=232810

Got even to meet Shirley Muldowney, how cool is that?;

John Force had more than 10 big rigs present...

Here's a couple for the 4 door Hemi discussion

http://www.logghestamping.com/about.htm

No, this isn't a Max Wedge, it's one of those rare inline 2x4 343 horse 383:s;

Why is this guy smiling? Well, another hard day at the office is over. Today we had to tow some old dudes railjob hundreds of yards in front of screaming masses and give the "queen wave" to boot. Well, the queen wave was optional but Jim isn't afraid of working hard so he takes everything to the limit

Yes, we actually watched some racing too;

Nothing like relaxing in a luxurious American toterhome after a busy day...and watching THE movie. How appropriate. This is the last night before flying home from Chicago tomorrow. But wait, this ain't over yet...