Quote:

Looks like you really made the most out of your trip. You saw more than I have ever seen in my entire life. You even got a picture of me twice at the Donut Cutter. I was the one with the green 68 charger. Wish I would have had a chance to talk to you.

Glad you had a great time and sorry about your mom.

Thank you! You know, when a European car geek gets to the US one usually tries to make the most of it. I live a pretty Spartan life back home, everything is so costly due to high taxes that it takes a toll on everything including peoples enthusiasm. Most people I am in touch with are car people as they try to escape the harsh realities into another dimension. Often on my trips people in the US have the idea that Europeans are wealthy because they do this sort of thing. In most cases this is pretty far from the truth. A lot of us just love America, American cars etc to the degree that cost doesn't matter, if it is doable in some way, go for it! I was waiting for the Tulsa Plymouth unearthening for 25 years or so, it didn't really matter if I could do it or not. I HAD to be there. There was a fellow from NZ that said that he might lose his house over it, another said that he didn't care if he'd lose his job due to the trip. At the same time there were people on the other side of Tulsa who thought that it looked rainy, I'll probably not go. Lol. It's all about preferences I guess. I'm not saying that I'm doing the right descisions, they just feel right to me. I owe Chrysler Corporation a lot, without the engineering and design from Highland Park and Auburn Hills I do not know what I would do and where I would get my kicks from. I'm a Chrysler Man and it makes me happy.

I am sorry if I offended people by just pretty much running through the Donut Cutter but it was really my choice. I didn't really know anyone (or most of the cars, lol) there and I was afraid that if I'd start talking I'd never be out of there. It was hard though, many interesting rides present (nice Charger! ), especially the Cornfed Duster, a very mean ride, something that could have been parked outside Jimmy Addison's back in the day! It might not seem like it but this trip was a lot about compromises and this was one of them. Certainly hope to spend more time at the Donut Cutter the next time!