Driving through the night again (great way of saving in motel room fees is to sleep every other night only ) I arrived so much before Jim that I had time for a one-hour nap at a gas station. Sleeping sitting up is also easier when it comes to waking up. I need a blown Hemi to roar in my ear anyway to wake up so you gotta think ahead One thing in this hobby seems to be the same wherever you are. If you like to collect a lot of this stuff (and I mean a lot) you are bound to have it moved way more than you would like. If I wouldn't be a truckdriver and have access to even big rigs for free I would have collapsed not only physically but also financially in these ordeals. Luckily we only did a small project with Jim, we filled an enclosed trailer with parts and also loaded up a Dart convertible and the totally cool big block crew cab dually for a trip towards the Chicago suburbs. Piece of cake! I really don't mind the work, it is always neat to look at all the cool stuff! And Jim has a lot of it at this location too!

Back in Chicago we went to look at the newly opened MrNorms facility in Rockford. So cool that the building got a new chance and even Chrysler products in it again!

http://www.mrnormsgarage.com/

Here's a look at a 900hp beast that has a Dana conversion, thought it might be of interest;

If you buy a GOOD air conditioning unit you don't have to use your hard earned cash for another new one every year. Yup, that's a Chrysler made Airtemp unit!

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/airtemp.php

Some priceless shots from Mr Strandquists album (thank you Sir!), including this fantastic shot of Sox & Martin doing the Plymouth Super Car Clinics in the same spot as the modern Cuda Sox & Martin tribute car is!!!

My God, I have walked here...53 years too late...drool..drool...drool.. Look at that fantastic brand spanking new 1957 DeSoto Adventurer!! Talk about a rare car...

An awesome shot of 1962 Plymouth Patrollers for the Rockford Police I assume? As it happens, I did take a pic of their Crown Vics..a bit worried about what is coming next?

Mr Strandquist got the first one off the line at the nearby Belvidere plant...

Beep beep! Look at the Fury in the back...

More work, there was a Hot Rod Magazine photoshoot scheduled and we took two cars to the dragstrip for it;

A lot of whining on the way about the new Ford...I was amazed how bad of a product it is compared to the Dodges and Chevys..nothing seemed to be as it should. But then again, I think Ford has always made a lot of cheap feeling products in general.

A pro at work...I hope it is OK to post this pic...in case some of you wonder, I have been trying to ask everybody permission to post their stuff and what is OK to tell. I don't want to use anyones trust in the wrong way.

Evening is here but we had time to stop at this old Chrysler dealership which was pretty cool but way overpriced;

Luedtke Auto Group has been discussed here before so no need for that now;

Not many drive-in theaters left but here is one;

Coming up; a new day and new adventures