Hey Jim, just another favor for you

Woodward Dream Cruise is pretty huge, about 40,000 cars cruising mainly up and down on Woodward Avenue. What makes it great in my mind is the huge variety of cars, you never know what shows up next. The car scene in my part of the world is a bit different to the US so my first car shows in the US was a shock. Don't you have anything besides Mustangs, Camaros and Classic Chevys? WDC offers something for everyone but the main problem with this event is that even if you walk 10 miles every day there are only so many cars you can study closely because there simply isn't that many places for cruisers to stop. I'm not complaining though, it is an awesome show and every car geek should see it at least once. Be sure to come before the actual cruise day, Saturday, though because it is too packed really. I wish people would keep their daily drivers away from Woodward those few days. Chrysler has the best place at the cruise by far since it is one of the few larger parking areas available. What really blew my mind is how local this event is judging by the license plates, it seems to be a Michigan/Windsor event by 95%? I did see a few cars for example with California and New York plates but this seems to be a local event to a much larger extent than I imagined. Detroit is really a fantastic place for a car geek with about 70 events weekly (during the summer)in a 50 mile radius.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

http://youtu.be/AX3KnsLfEqI

One of the more famous stops at WDC is Sam's Shell on Woodward...I'd prefer an American chain but then again I'm narrow min...err focused

Really nice Torino with a big (572?) stroker in it;

A rather famous car with fantastic workmanship...but I would have kept it original...sorry;

That's a mean looking car Sir! - Thank you! Anyone from Moparts?

Yup, my MoPar will just about nuke your GM, I don't care what it is! - Wanna back that up?? - (this conversation is purely fictional)

This little Nova was quite a sleeper

Yup, I have a thing for Super Duty Pontiacs..my mother loved Pontiacs and that was a good excuse for me to buy a 1964 Catalina Ventura 2dHT, although I prefer 63:s but they are hard to find. This 62 Royal Bobcat was fantastic;

More non MoPars, a 1964 Mercury Marauder with a dual quad 427;

Drool...

427 Impala;

It is 2011 and all is well in the world...at least on Woodward!;