I don't know if I qualify yet as racing. Do about 35 passes a year at T&T and race the Chrysler classic each year at Norwalk. Improving every year. After first buying Prosport's Dartsport, went to the track 3 years ago having never been down the dragstrip. It was rediculous, redlined it when missing shifts, left the hood scoop plug in on one run etc. It's nice to know others have done similar things. Only went like mid 11's in the car. Slowly working it down and went a best in the car this year with a 9.77 second pass. I run it to see how much I can improve each time out. I am not necessarily concerned about how many rounds I go against guys who race all the time and I don't get worked up about it if I lose. Life is to short to make racing a full time job. I have one of those. Don't get me wrong, I am competitive and trying to improve. I am not trying to pour a huge amount of money into it constantly chasing e.t.'s.
I enjoy the people I meet at the track and my family enjoys going with me. There are a lot of members on this board who have helped me with advice and also by personally helping me with the car on and off the track. Thanks to everyone who has helped me learn at this sport. That kind of help will keep the sport alive. That being said, I look forward to running CRT someday for criticising Prosport for selling his car to a "Chevy" guy which I am not. I would also like to run Thumperdart after he runs that Big Tire Nova. I don't have a lot of knowledge to share with anyone yet, but maybe someday I can help someone new to the sport.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.