Moparts

How many people in here actually race a car????

Posted By: n20mstr

How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:28 AM

seems like more and more in here that DO NOT RACE, but always have plenty to say.....????
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:29 AM

Every chance I get.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:30 AM

does TnT count figured i would bust my own balls before quicktree got me
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:30 AM

I race and announce, and have been known to dispense an opinion occasionally!
Posted By: bigdad

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:35 AM

Yah just noticed this ?

I have a car that is used to run down the track, its not uber fast

but I have made some passes this year

Attached picture 6316849-64intulsa.jpg
Posted By: 602heavy

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:37 AM

Just an internet racer here.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:38 AM

Quote:

seems like more and more in here that DO NOT RACE, but always have plenty to say.....????

wow, your just noticing this now.
btw
how many times did you get out this year?
Posted By: tboomer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:39 AM

I run the 64 as time permits...I have to work every other weekend...
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:40 AM

Quote:

About time someone say's it like it is,LOL
Lot's of keyboard racers now days.
Posted By: slantzilla

I take a car to the track, but this year I couldn't even get arrested for impersonating a racer.

Bigdad...your car is cool for sure, my neighbor when i was a kid had a bunch of 64's, they were all race/street cars....

It dont matter how fast or slow you go...but come on, some guys are all over this section telling people what to do......and they aint made a pass in YEARS..??????

this is the RACE ONLY SECTION
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:41 AM

I finally got my junk back together so I can post i guess lol.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:42 AM

Glad it doesn't matter how slow I go! Check my dial in my avatar!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Yes I race, every chance I get.

Posted By: HEMIFRED

Quote:

I take a car to the track, but this year I couldn't even get arrested for impersonating a racer.

can I join that club ? last three trips to the track car got unloaded, inspeted and for some stupid reason and went home without a pass
Posted By: Aspen7695

I'm at the strip all the time.

Raul
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:44 AM

I actually have cars and I have actually raced..albeit..been afew years

ed: but i dont tell anybody what to do...just maybe exchanging info on race parts, etc.
Posted By: bigdad

Quote:

Bigdad...your car is cool for sure, my neighbor when i was a kid had a bunch of 64's, they were all race/street cars....

It dont matter how fast or slow you go...but come on, some guys are all over this section telling people what to do......and they aint made a pass in YEARS..??????

Bench RACE
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

I only put 28 passes on the car last year so I guess that would put me in the "test and tune" crowd because I just like to go fast
Gus

Attached picture 6316880-burnoutpicturegus.JPG
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:45 AM

I race. infact i have a " Race car " That was built specifically for drag racing.
It is not street legal, and never was a street car.

But i also dont give my opinions very often.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:45 AM

Quote:

.but come on, some guys are all over this section telling people what to do......and they aint made a pass in YEARS..??????

Maybe these guys were racin while you were still on the potty , ok , who are these guys?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:47 AM

Quote:

Slow cars like that can put the fast guys on the trailer anytime, thats bracket racing for you...
Dont get me wrong here, i dont want to exclude the crew guys, they are key to making fast passes and a winning team...so let me re phrase here, some people are all over this section telling people what and what not to do, and the have not been to a track or involved with a race car for years...
Posted By: sam64

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:47 AM

does having 3 count?65 coronet 10.70s,67 cuda 11.40s,63 belvedre 11.70s.won nhra et series wally 2001,won tulsa 2007 nostalgia race,class and top eliminator,ru 2009 fri gamgber at monster mopar st. louis.all in different cars.been racing 20 years and still learning.but i have fun doing it.

Attached picture 6316890-mopars032(Small)(2).jpg
Posted By: chryco

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:55 AM

Full race baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached picture 6316912-IMG_6879a.jpg
Posted By: POZEST

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Slow cars like that can put the fast guys on the trailer anytime, thats bracket racing for you...
Dont get me wrong here, i dont want to exclude the crew guys, they are key to making fast passes and a winning team...so let me re phrase here, some people are all over this section telling people what and what not to do, and the have not been to a track or involved with a race car for years...

So.....how fast do we have to be for you to consider us a race car?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So.....how fast do we have to be for you to consider us a race car?

you dont have to be fast at all, its not about the speed/mph/et....i just dont understand why mebers come into this section if they are not "racers"
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:02 AM

Quote:

Yep, I've noticed.
I've been bracket racing steady for 22 years.
A few weeks ago there was a post about blippin the tires in the water box and the expert consensus was it's useless. I resisted posting about week later to say I had blipped the tires 6 times on my way to a super pro win.
Posted By: Chassisman

OK....OK......you busted me...my name is Myron....I eat my own boogers......girls don't know I exsist.....I have no friends...well except for my cat...Mr.Wiggles...feel better now?
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

I have been racing for what seems like forever,you can kind of get a "feel" for people and tell who knows a little bit about what they are talking about.
There are people who do things once or twice and pretend to be experts,and also people who advertise engines they have or built for sale that make X amount of horsepower with no data to back it up.
If you are in doubt about someone,ask around for second opinions.
I'll be the first to admit,I am no expert on anything.If I think I can help somebody on here I certainly will try though.
Keith
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:03 AM

I was only a part time racer this year. 100 pass's. Won 1 race...will get back after it next year
Posted By: Leigh

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:05 AM

Over 4000 passes since 1978. I have more runs on my first 340 than 50% of the posters added up. When you get older, it just happens. Has been a drought, though. Maybe 2011 will be my year.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

About time someone say's it like it is,LOL
Lot's of keyboard racers now days.

Couple years ago and last year, completely filled a Summit Log Book.
This year went out 15-20 times, Don

Attached picture 6316938-kingoftrack2010.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:07 AM

Quote:

I was only a part time racer this year. 100 pass's. Won 1 race...will get back after it next year

thats one win more than me....!!!
2009 was a bad year for me, tore some stuff up , 2010 getting back on trac, but still feeling out a new combination..
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:10 AM

I think most are missing the point.I know that when a NOS post comes up one guy is going to answer.I don't think he has ever had a NOS car.You can read on the net and then give advise but till you really do it your just a keyboard racer.
Posted By: fury62

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:11 AM

49 passes this year and about the same last year
Posted By: Locomotion

Quote:

OK....OK......you busted me...my name is Myron....I eat my own boogers......girls don't know I exsist.....I have no friends...well except for my cat...Mr.Wiggles...feel better now?

HEY! Can you use another name? lol

There was a Mad Magazine many, many years ago that had a list of "cool" stuff and "uncool" stuff. Pets like snakes & pit bulls as opposed to poodles & turtles as well as names, like Spike & Butch as opposed to Percy, Myron, etc.

Not my fault. Long story.
Posted By: roadhazard

I lived vicariously through all the “racers” on the board this year

No time to take the car out this year, but hope to next year
Have some things to work on first though

To all that got to have fun
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:12 AM

Been trying to for years LOL

I guess I will come back after the weekend and answer that
Posted By: goldenlancer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:14 AM

does this count?

Attached picture 6316959-0523101213b.jpg
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:14 AM

Racers or race winners ? I am 54 been racing since I was 16. Winless for way too many years , but Still love it and get out to the track as time and money allows. Maybe not the big time winner but I have been plugging at it longer than a lot of guy's have been alive.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:15 AM

Quote:

never ever....

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:15 AM

Quote:

I think most are missing the point.I know that when a NOS post comes up one guy is going to answer.I don't think he has ever had a NOS car.You can read on the net and then give advise but till you really do it your just a keyboard racer.

exactly........
Posted By: hemigod426

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:21 AM

yep street and strip been off strip with drag only car for 3 yeas hoping for big come back this year
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:21 AM

Quote:

does TnT count figured i would bust my own balls before quicktree got me

one day you will grow up and be a racer
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:23 AM

Quote:

THANKS,,,you had the 'gahunas' to ask!! I've wondered this alot since I joined Moparts. I was "hibernating" for a few years and was getting back into it when I joined here. I have had my car 'finished' enough to get in 5 races this season and expecting alot more next year. I see lots of posts that I can tell are "memory" posts,,,but,,thats OK with me, as I have lots of memories too. My favorite shirt I saw said.,
"the older I get, the faster I USED to go". I believe that is true for alot of us. I still like talking to the guys on here, but wish there was another forum for people that race weekly to compare notes and thoughts.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:23 AM

what does a real racer look like I hear nhra unleashed is looking for one
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:24 AM

I work out of the country, I'm out 4 weeks and home 2 weeks. That gives me tnt on wed nights, sat races and sun tnt then get back on the road or in the air. I did manage about 40 or so passes this year and won some money a couple of times. But I just bought this new car I'm in about 4 months ago and had to build another engine for it, so I lost 2 weekends. Now it's tnt for the winter at whatever track is open. the local track is closed, but the owner lets me go around the back of the track and use the track, un prepped whenever I want. This spring I will be running the car more since I told work to go pound sand. Customs is getting to be a hastle to work in other countries. so I will be home more.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:26 AM

Quote:

Was ( probably )racing before you were born - and still am. Don't think there are any pre-qualifications to participate here though - or are there?
Posted By: Sport440

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:27 AM

Racer is a relative term.

This is the "Unlawfl,s Race Only" section. It was the Race section. Moparts dedicated it to Gary after he passed. He spent alot of time here and created alot of comradery amongst the people here.

Gary wasnt a full time racer himself, but he was a racer at heart. Maybe more of a TnT kind of guy, but at heart he considerd himself a racer.

He built and shared the build of his street/race car and track events with us.

I dont think it matters if some havent raced in years or dont put down 100 passes a year. If theyve got something positive to add to this section its all fine by me

I havent raced in years myself, so if you had your way I guess Id get the boot

Im more of a TnT guy myself. I like this section because of all the long time members that post here. Alot of them also attend the Norwalk Classic year after year that Gary had a Big part in building up.

I dont see any need for some type of segregation as you imply. I say have some mike
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:28 AM

I go when I can
making it to all 26 years of Monster Mopar Weekend

Attached picture 6316993-2009.jpg
Posted By: tvt59

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:29 AM

I have not made a pass in about ten years. But I am building another car. My son works in the racing industry and is in the n02 business. I don't post very much on here because some of the folks on here are such smart a##'s. I know enough about racing that I can tell who knows what they are talking about and who dosen't. Usually if I have a question I pm that member and ask them. Good natured ribbing is one thing. But I see people getting there feelings hurt and then the personal attacks start. I learned a long time ago there is always someone smarted than me or you.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:33 AM

Quote:

I go when I can
making it to all 26 years of Monster Mopar Weekend

I love that pic.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:34 AM

I don't.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Was ( probably )racing before you were born - and still am. Don't think there are any pre-qualifications to participate here though - or are there?

Maybe im older than you think??
lol
Posted By: BradH

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:38 AM

Quote:

As little as I get the car out anymore, I've basically given up on racing and just hit the Test & Tune sessions to have fun beating on it and making it faster.

The last time I actually wanted to go some rounds, the car sprung an oil leak before the 1st round was called and that was it for the day. Oh, that was the last time I was at the track (2009), too.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:39 AM

Quote:

This is the "Unlawfl,s Race Only" section. It was the Race section. Moparts dedicated it to Gary after he passed. He spent alot of time here and created alot of comradery amongst the people here.

Gary wasnt a full time racer himself, but he was a racer at heart. Maybe more of a TnT kind of guy, but at heart he considerd himself a racer.

I dont think it matters if some havent raced in years or dont put down 100 passes a year. If theyve got something positive to add to this section its all fine by me

Im more of a TnT guy myself. I like this section because of all the long time members that post here. Alot of them also attend the Norwalk Classic year after year that Gary had a Big part in building up.

I dont see any need for some type of segregation as you imply. I say have some mike

I think you have not read all my posts...Of course people that have something to add should post on race topics..thats my point !!!
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:39 AM

i do made 33 passes this year
i think some of this key boards are i the 5s in the 1/4 MILE

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

exactly........

Well , looks like you guys have really narrowed this down , not too many guys post on the nitrous threads , now lets think , Monte smith it can't be , you two guys? , squeeze? , some others? , guess that just leaves me
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:50 AM

This was the second to last pass this year
video
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:51 AM

here i thaught racing only at the(1 norwalk) classic kept me legal to be here.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:52 AM

i do
Posted By: Butch

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:56 AM

I try to.
Posted By: racerAL

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:57 AM

i'm with you guys ..i often wonder when i'm reading some of these posts, how much some of these guys even race ?? i'm not real sure what constitutes being a real racer, but i can tell you that i've been known to take rent$/car payment$/kids milk money to go racing...lol.sometimes bring some $ back home..somtimes NOT. thank god i gotta understanding wife, and a job to pay for my habit/hobby. i think the main thing to learn is, who's posts to pay attention to, and who's to ignore. oh.. and as for me, i just counted 78 time slips from 4 different tracks for this past summer. still waiting for that first win thou, made it to a few quarter finals, but thats about it. as much as i hate to admit it "thank god for buy backs"...i was a first rd. loser way more than i liked for sure. .the thing that gets me is that some of these guys prolly have the $ to race whenever they wanted and just don't because it's too much work...but i guess if it were easy everyone would do it..

Attached picture 6317066-Picture108.jpg
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I think you have not read all my posts...Of course people that have something to add should post on race topics..thats my point !!!

So are you gonna kick someone off if they dont race or what?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:58 AM

my last pass of the year was on nitrous
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:01 AM

Quote:

I knew this was going to be a good one, as soon as I saw it.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So are you gonna kick someone off if they dont race or what?

YES....i dont even look in the "resto" section
so they can revoke my posting priveledges in there...LOL
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:04 AM

Quote:

thats me
Posted By: Randy..

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:07 AM

Over 70 passes last year, O this year made a bunch of changes including swapping to a BB.
Posted By: 506RR

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:07 AM

Quote:

i think the main thing to learn is, who's posts to pay attention to, and who's to ignore.

This is definitely the main thing! There are sometimes more posts to ignore than read in some cases.

I don't post much, mainly just do a lot of reading. But, I have been running a N2O BB for 3 years now. Monte Smith has been a huge help!
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:08 AM

I DO I DO!!!!!

Attached picture 6317108-RT66BracketRace031.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:12 AM

Nice pic!
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:18 AM

I'm in..... Not as financially committed as some here, but in none the less...

Attached picture 6317140-Picture176.jpg
Posted By: rowin4

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:18 AM

I was MOPAR before they were cool, and racing before most of you were born. Go out almost weekly to find the weak link in the Barracuda. I've learned allot on this web site even if there are some people on here that don't know sh%*.
Posted By: aarlucas

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:20 AM

When ever I am in the country long enough!
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:21 AM

I've raced one or two over the years.
Posted By: 383man

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:22 AM

I like to race my car a few times a year. Mostly T&T's and Nostalgia events. Ron

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I knew this was going to be a good one, as soon as I saw it.

ME TOO!!
Posted By: dvw

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:25 AM

I'm in. Though not near as many passes as I would like. I've been working on the new car to long. This is year 5. It does look like it will make it this spring though. Meanwhile I keep sharp running my street car in pro. It's a great tool. You have to bump in to cut a light and it runs dead on with a tenth. Could go either way on the dial, you never know. Keeps you sharp at both ends of the track. It even goes rounds.
Doug
Posted By: SILVER67

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:28 AM

Just a test and tuner here......

Michael
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:34 AM

I have been racing on and off for over 40 yrs. Did not get out last year due to doctor's orders. I was in a bad accident in early 2009,broke my neck in 2 places, just had surgery again,hope to get to the track this spring if I'm feeling better.
Posted By: Mr. T

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:37 AM

I have been known to try.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:44 AM

Last Saturday - 11/20/10.

Attached picture 6317199-300spdworld.jpg
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:48 AM

this year me and my buddy raced Mopars at the strip,West Coast HotRod, Mopar Magic at Sac. Pinks at Sanoma and a few test & Tunes.
All fueled by Moparts Members

Attached picture 6317208-pinksstaging.jpg
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:49 AM

Hell I'm so busy at work I'm lucky to see my car once a month much less the strip lol.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:51 AM

I love to go fast first, race second. Four year drought till this fall, so for four years I was a key board racer in some minds. I have an opinion of that mind set,, Oh, lets not go there.
Gary (unlawful) was about going fast as much as racing, maybe more as I recall. So if the board wants to honor him, then a little leeway is in order.
In my mind, anyone that is trying to get down the track faster is welcome. That to me is what this forum is about as much as racing. For those purists that inssit on sticking to the letter,, PHTHAAAAAT!
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:00 AM

i do...................................
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:02 AM

I have far more opinions than time slips for the last two years, but I still know more about this game than some of you wet behind the ears little punks will ever know!!!

That the kind of answer you were fishing for?? I too am shocked every day by the amount of topics that have little if nothing to do with racing...

Attached picture 6317251-100_0774.JPG
Posted By: KOS

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:04 AM

every weekend possible for the past 25yrs and usually several different cars to boot!!!!!hell i even race my tow vehicle if the cars are broke.
Posted By: Eric

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:05 AM

Drove 16 hrs for a race last weekend...am I in? ......by the way...there are more racers here than on YB by a country mile....that place is the keyboard racer capital of the internet.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:08 AM

You guys are lucky , over in the UK we get around 4 months of the year to race , 2 months out of 4 it's usually raining , as you can see track time is pretty poor , i know 2 other guys on here from UK & they would probably give their right arm for the track time you guys get. .......last time i raced was August 1st this year @ Santa Pod , this i knew would be my last race as i had to sell my beloved 68 charger for reasons out of my control , worst thing was the motor had to go with it , you guys have it lucky.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

After a small mishap at Norwalk this year the Daytona will be sitting in darkness for hopefully a short period of time.

I will be racing my duster with a new 408 early in the year and then maybe install a 512. Sure will be different.

Quote:

there are more racers here than on YB by a country mile....that place is the keyboard racer capital of the internet.

in the trash or be trashed section. When that site first started it was great now all of the kids found it........
Posted By: challengermike

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:13 AM

In the last 2 years i have about 200 passes on my 86 buick t type(7.39 1/8 and 11.7 1/4).Building a 68 dart with a 499 now.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

there are more racers here than on YB by a country mile....that place is the keyboard racer capital of the internet.

in the trash or be trashed section. When that site first started it was great now all of the kids found it........

Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:15 AM

I pay an entry fee about 15 to 30 times a season and run my car down a dragstrip somewhere I guess this is racing. LOL
Posted By: BloFish

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:16 AM

I like to race my car a few times a year. Mostly T&T's and Nostalgia events.

Attached picture 6317289-tmpphpmvlcPr.jpg
Posted By: moparniac

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:27 AM

I dont care if someone currently has their car running or not to race! Im sure EVERYONE on here has gone through it! I enjoy reading alot of the knowledge people have to share on here whether its from the jaded members or aspiring racers! the only posts I really dont care for is the "theory" ones of how something works or it doesnt really matter which way ya go threads etc...

I race my own personal goals..... Im losing (for now)
Posted By: dynamite

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:33 AM

OH yeah ,,been there ...do that ...since 1964

Attached picture 6317318-larry556burnoutsmall.jpg
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:36 AM

Nope, no actual racing here...my 40/50 10/11 second passes a year on the highway don't count for anything but that doesn't stop me from posting here learning how to try go faster. Thankfully there is a race forum here with a bunch of knowledgeable racers willing to share their knowledge and constructive advise.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:41 AM

I have owned my Barracuda since 1985..

Have NEVER drove it period..

It has been down the track though.. Many many hundreds of times..

However I don't know Jack Sh!! ... Oh well..

Chris..

Attached picture 6317328-IMG_0814(Large).jpg
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:45 AM

Only made it out once this year with the car, but I do race! Now if I would just leave my car alone, I might get out a little more, but as you can see by the mis matched wheels, it is an ever changing project. (Yes, I KNOW I have Jeep Cherokee wheels on my car...)

-Kenny

Posted By: goldmember

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:47 AM

I raced more in others cars than my own this year and I know next to nothing about N2O.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:48 AM

Been bracking racing since 1979...on my 3th different race car....have had my 69 Barracuda since 1986,..

My oldest daughter now bracket races with me in our 71 Dart....

Working on a 71 Demon for youngest daughter but she moved to Ohio...But going to finish car anyway.

So we have 3 cars that we race...

Attached picture 6317342-IMG_0477.JPG
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:48 AM

I'm a basket case when I get to the track
Posted By: GRAYBO

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:55 AM

I race a car. Well......I show up. Pay my money and drink after a the first round lose. Does that constitute racing??????????
Posted By: cgall

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:57 AM

Not much in the last two seasons, but I have won bracket races in four decades. I hope to make it five in 2011.

Posted By: Dart1031

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:01 AM

I race more than I post, lol. My Valiant has been apart all year(for work I can't do). And since I like racing so much, I bought a cheap brand x to keep racing this summer.

1180 HITS ALL READY
Posted By: 2QUICK4U

I HAVENT RACED IN ALMOST 2 YEARS,BUT I KEEP MY NHRA LISCENSE UP TO DATE.IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A DAYTONA,NEON,AVENGER FOR ABOUT A YEAR.BEEN BUSY WITH MY MOVE THAT I WILL BE GOING TO MANY MOPAR EVENTS LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR TO START RACING AGAIN.I HAVE RACED MANY YEARS AND MANY LATE NIGHT STREET RACES,OFCOURSE I GAVE UP THE LATE NITES TO DO IT LEGALY AT THE TRACK.I DONT GIVE ADVICE UNLESS ITS SOMETHING I KNOW THAT WILL HELP OR WORK FOR THEM.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:06 AM

Nope no racing for me. Just come for the banter.
Posted By: jcc

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:12 AM

Am I in the "DRAG" race section?

Where's the "race" section for those with 1"+ TB's who like to race back to the starting line, sometimes turning the wheel and using their brakes when they must?
Posted By: Dragula

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:28 AM

Every chance I get....I have been very fortunate the last two years as my engine builder lets me race his cars...Last year it was a 416 powered '65 Dart, and this year a '70 477 cube Hemi Charger and my little green D100 Vette Killer..Over time, it doesn't appear I have lost the knack for cutting an awesome light, so I will probably keep doing this until I do.

For next year, he has already purchased a chassis car and a 512 Wedge and has all the trans parts...Looks like I am getting my license.

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:30 AM

OK, OK. Here I go. I've had my car for awhile now. More than 27 years. I street drive it around 300 miles a year. It's only gone down the track, honestly, probably less than 200 times now, in 27 years. About 50 times since I've started having kids. It's gotten faster and quicker, and now they yell at me when I get on it for not having a rollcage. I can not even be in the same room with most of the conversations that the "racers" have in this forum. Some stuff is unbelievable. I still get mixed up when talking about crosstalk and delay boxes.. However I don't think I stick my nose or noise in when I know I can not imput something positive. Over on another site, there are ass keyboard jockeys telling Billy Glidden he has no chance and is washed up.. unreal. I feel those are the folks you are trying to address.

I do, however, feel I can positively attest to, and can bet that I have made more wiresets than anybody I know.. and can even give a certain insight and correctly offer my opinion to many ignition related queries. After all, Our business started on Moparts. I will always remain loyal to you guys(as long as you'll have me, and I keep making clam chowder).
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:31 AM

5-10 times a year

Other than that on the street
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:34 AM

Quote:

Chris..

Chris,
The day someone doesn't consider you a racer...is the day I want excluded as well!! When I look at that purple Cuda in the other lane, YOU are the one I'm trying to beat, regardless of who is at the wheel.

Attached picture 6317454-FinishLineSpdwrld.jpg
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:37 AM

I do and love it TT or race
hears me winning Nostalgia Gas in our little nostalgia group $200 and a plaque but it only costs us $25 to race $15 for the track and $10 for the pot
as we do our own deal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVwFW7mYT2A

month later winning Nostalgia gas on a real cool 1/8 mile. Think it was $120 and a Plaque was 186 miles away cost me about $170 for gas in the truck but It would have cost that anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kG8pM6meDg

Posted By: FurryStump

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:37 AM

Nope street car here, I like that I can drive the car to Lebanon Valley,Englishtown,Atco, have about 60 passes on it this year, drive it home,just a street car,best of 12.74, definitely not a racecar.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:40 AM

Try to hit all the CC Events races and then a bunch of others in between as much as I can every year.

Russ
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:41 AM

Quote:

I was MOPAR before they were cool, and racing before most of you were born. Go out almost weekly to find the weak link in the Barracuda. I've learned allot on this web site even if there are some people on here that don't know sh%*.

I was racing in Gulfport and LaPlace in the late 70's Drove a blue 68 gtx that said highpockets on the doors. charles Addcock was the owner of it and he had cancer, My car was a red 70 road runner, so I ran his and mine. He passed away a couple years later, not sure where the car is now.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:48 AM

I don't race I'm just an exibitionist,,,,,,,,,,,,,WANNA SEE
Posted By: sjs64polara

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:50 AM

I’m busted.... I just air brushed this picture of this Dodge over my 64 Corvair

Attached picture 6317487-Time_Mach_10_sat_417_web.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Chris..

Chris,
The day someone doesn't consider you a racer...is the day I want excluded as well!! When I look at that purple Cuda in the other lane, YOU are the one I'm trying to beat, regardless of who is at the wheel.

Thanks Billy..

But "WE" are just index chasers.. So "WE" don't qualify as "RACERS"..

Chris..

Attached picture 6317496-IMG_4785-Copy.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:54 AM

I'm your Huckleberry
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:58 AM

I fall into the been racing for years group and even tried to get away from it but it's something that just gets under your skin.You like to get a self best ET/MPH and then saying i can do better.I have many good wins but never won a points series.Besides it's only a Aspen

Attached picture 6317506-PIC_0570.JPG
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:00 AM

I haven't made a pass in 3 years, it's not cheap starting from scratch.
Steve
Posted By: gearhead01

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:06 AM

I usually hit the track 4 to 6 times a year with the Satellite for TnT. Last year ran in two races. Won three rounds in the big Labor Day weekend race. Had a great time.

This last season, only to Byron twice. Working on the Valiant so i can get serious next year.

John

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:23 AM

guys, very impressive credentials for sure.....But not my original intention when starting this thread.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:24 AM

i dont even need to answer this krap LOL
Posted By: Labratt

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:31 AM

I have been racing my street/strip GTX 6-10 times a year...until this year! Due to health reasons,only got out twice this year! Hopefully,next year will be busier!

Attached picture 6317573-GTX@MILANDRAGWAY.jpg
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:41 AM

I actually race a car or two, actually work at a drag strip...
Have my opinions on topics here and post sometimes, not always the popular opinion, but appreciate that I am allowed to voice my opinion.

this is the race section, not RACER section... you dont have to drive a car down the track to understand racing, BUT just like everything in life you have know it alls and people that pat themselves on the back.

you just have to take it with the good.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:47 AM

No, no, no. You're racers. Racing on an index, is drag racing 101. It's also why I am suspect of the "heads up" deal. If it truely is heads up, stage, let go of the button, and let the chips fall. But no, there are all types of rules that equal bracket racing dial in's. I don't get it.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:51 AM

Quote:

guys, very impressive credentials for sure.....But not my original intention when starting this thread.

Tony its fine!! I think I saw your original intention on BG,s thread.

I understand what you were getting at, but were all Family here. You did start one Hot thread though didnt you, mike

Happy Thanksgiving, mike
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:57 AM

I'm clearly not a race every week kind of guy, but I do like to race once in a while. Just test and tunes or Friday nights. I think I only had 18 passes this year. A couple more last year.

Posted By: quick77rt

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:00 AM

I have owned and raced the same car for the past 27 years...a few bracket wins in the early years, probably 25 passes a weekend street racing in the 80-s.

The car today is quicker in th 1/4 then in the 1/8 back then.

Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:00 AM

Wow, 3 pages of replys...anyone admit to NEVER going to the race track and only being a keyboard racer?

I consider myself to be a racer in training... looking to learn as much as i can, i want to go to the track more, but life gets in the way. working night shifts and never seeing the family, the wife wants me around on the weekends instead of at the track...especially when I lose 1 weekend a month to the reserves as well. I've made maybe 20-30 passes down the track total. 1 race and 2 TnTs.

went to a car show at a track, had a race too, it was my first time at any track. my car was slower than a honda civic, but I went 5 rounds without a clue as to what i was doing! I ended up breaking out because I just wanted to go fast! the other guy broke at half track and I knew it/heard it, but I never lifted at the line, so I broke out by .004 from that point on, I was hooked, and knew i wanted to do a lot more of that!
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:14 AM

I'd goto the track if someone buys it and opens it again....It's up for auction on Dec 14th, Anyone want to own Memphis Motorsports park???? I moved 2 miles away from it and it closed. I've had my Charger to TNT once many years ago (w a weak 440) and am dying to go again with the Hemi.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:28 AM

I'm trying to race a car but time/work is holding me up in a big way. The only "opinion" you will get out of me is concerning something I have some experience or information I have gathered.

That said, there are many inspiring people here that are fun to watch and interact with.

I have heard several people in this forum ambiguously speak of people that "don't race and contribute" in a negative manner. I hope I'm not one of those people that doesn't belong here. If so say the word and I'll stop posting completely.

That said, if you are going to call some people out go ahead and just get it over with. Make a list or whatever, but don't be passive-aggressive about it. Be up front and get it out of the way for the sake of your own interests.

I wish I was a retired rich guy!
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:28 AM

I do agree that there is more to the car then just the driver, its hard doing it all.

If I could find a full time driver id love just to do the rest.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:56 AM

I will post when I have questions or experience with a topic. Try to help others from making my mistakes.
I have a few passes now, 1 win (too long ago), and made it into the nines this year. I like to think I am a rescuer/owner/builder/driver.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:04 AM

I attempt to race,, had three runner up's so far in my quest for speed,,as far as knowledge of the sport,,there are a lot of people that know a whole lot more than me so I usually keep my ignorance to myself, unless I can back up what I say
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 08:23 AM

Attached picture 6317724-001.JPG
Posted By: goldmember

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 08:40 AM

Quote:

I'd goto the track if someone buys it and opens it again....It's up for auction on Dec 14th, Anyone want to own Memphis Motorsports park???? I moved 2 miles away from it and it closed. I've had my Charger to TNT once many years ago (w a weak 440) and am dying to go again with the Hemi.

Dude quit bitchin,There are tracks just a short drive from you!!
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:05 PM

I am a 3rd generation racer. My Grandfather is in the Texas Dragracers Hall of Fame. There are three cars in our stable with just my Mom and I, and I also race a Stock Eliminator car for my Aunt and Uncle. I run two classes every chance I get. I build all my own motors and do as much of the work on the cars as I can. I just turned 28 in August. I will be racing on 5 Gold cards in 2011 so even with a baby on the way I should be able to race a bunch. Was probably the only Mopar guy around my highschool when I graduated in 2001.
Posted By: sc4579

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:21 PM

Only 8 passes this year due to work commitments. Hope to get back out next year.

Attached picture 6317783-DartSportWheelsUp_edited.jpg
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:28 PM

Does it still count if the car I've been racing for the past 21 years has been up on jack stands for 2 1/2 years?

Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:29 PM

I did a little racing this year.Hope to do a lot more next year.Have been doing it for 44 year's now.Someday I'll get the hang of it.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 12:51 PM

Quote:

I do agree that there is more to the car then just the driver, its hard doing it all.

If I could find a full time driver id love just to do the rest.

That's very well put.

Crap with you

Posted By: dc426

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:42 PM

is it too late for
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:52 PM

Quote:

I have been known to try.

I think this is the catagory I fall under. I just don't get the time to go to the track.
Posted By: Mike Swann

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 01:59 PM

Keyboard racer fer sure!
Posted By: SportF

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:08 PM

I'm addicted to drag racing, and I am not looking for a cure!

Attached picture 6317871-A63blk7.JPG
Posted By: dcoronet383

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:11 PM

Use to make it to the track 2 times a week. Now really no time or motivation to head to the track. Got something better, few buddies and I own an old airstrip. We go there, heads up racing all weekend, pass after pass
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:24 PM

Race as much as work will allow..

Attached picture 6317884-RACECARS176.jpg
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:24 PM

I ran 140 passes this year.
Probably less posts than that! LOL

And I do it all. Driver, crew chief, mechanic, wash boy, stage person, tow driver, owner, sponsor...
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:31 PM

I toke a leave of absense for 2 years, it was approved
due to a blown motor, and no time to get car back together
But will have car back together soon. By the way
I race all the time on the streeet, lite to lite.
Posted By: 452RT

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:36 PM

I race, just don't have too much comment about. I do learn from the few, very knowledgeable people that know what they are talking about. The rest is pure entertainment.

Posted By: Duner

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:41 PM

I race my street trucks every chance I get. I really enjoy driving in, putting trailered cars back on the trailer, then passing them again out on the hiway.

I wish my latest "effort" would have gone better. I spent 74 hrs at the track for Pinks... And only 2 timeslips to show for it. (and both bad)
Posted By: chris3

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:55 PM

I am 62 years old and started drag racing at Shuffletown Dragway when I was 13 with a B/gas 41 Ford coupe. Raced 392 hemi AA/Fuel dragster in 1969 and got over that. Went Super Stock - Match Racing in "the days" of drag racing. Yes I have worked all day on a Monday got home traveled and hour or two to make 2 out of 3 match race runs, got home in time to shower and go to work only to get home that Tuesday and go race again. Those were the days when tracks would bring in SuperStocks and Funny cars on a week night and pack the stands.

At Roxboro dragway, the night Hemipart drove the Motown Missle against Hemi Fred. He said he could not see the track for the camera flashes. My comment to him was "welcome to SuperStock match racing, now you know what it was really like in those days." My wife and I quit racing when Hemiparts was born. About three years ago he wanted to build a car and go racing. We built a Plymouth Duster, exactly like it would have been built and raced in the 70's. We race as a three generation family of drag racers. The name of the race team is Chris3 Racing. My son, Hemiparts, is Chris, my oldest grandson, 12 years old is Chris, and my youngest grandson, CJ ( Chris Jr.) is 4 years old. We race when ever we can. I made my wife a promise that if there was no sponsor money in the racing account we would not be racing. She spent many long nights riding up and down the road working on race cars and eating "hamburger helper" in order for me to enjoy the sport of drag racing. Now we spend a lot of time at drag race reunions getting a chance to re-live those days.

I have a big picture hanging on my wall, taken at Pinks All Out at Z-max with me, my son, Hemipart, Little Chris and CJ all working under the hood of the car. That picture is priceless. I hope that in some way my resume would qualify as a "drag racer."

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 02:56 PM

Quote:

I ran 140 passes this year.
Probably less posts than that! LOL

And I do it all. Driver, crew chief, mechanic, wash boy, stage person, tow driver, owner, sponsor...

YOU are one of the people on here that i look up too, your posts are always full of good information
Posted By: marvo451

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:00 PM

I've been doing it since 1977, made bracket finals team 16 years in a roll. Took a break lately and just started back.

Attached picture 6317938-Duster2.jpg
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:00 PM

I have been Drag Racing since age 16. That been a long time

Attached picture 6317939-102rt.jpg.jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:05 PM

that's kinda of a vague statement,there are alot of older guys on this site.but there are also guys here that will do there thing on the street,track..where ever.so i give props to all whether it's a 14sec or 7cec..me im a where ever type of racer as long as there no chance to hurt any innocent people..and a good rubbered down stretch of concrete..i'll do it.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:05 PM

I chase a numbers at ATCO rent days and violate Ct. traffic laws.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:13 PM

I made four final rounds this year and won three, in two diffrent cars. Also made several runs in my normal race car but they were mostly T&T runs dialing in a new combo.
My log books say 62 runs in the new SRT Challenger including two wins and a R/U. 19 runs in my partners 72 nova including a win (only check won). And 15 runs in the Valiant, about half on the 500ci the rest on the 541ci. It also gave me the fastest time slip with a 6.16 at 111mph.

And I agree on this section haveing way to many armchair crewchiefs.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:18 PM

Here's proof I did it at least once , and I'm not ashamed to show I lost .

I fall in the catergory of I race when it's together , hopefully that will happen again come spring time ...

Dan , where's my shortblock ?

Getting spanked by a 409 Impala
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:32 PM

I race. i even have one of them there wally trophy's. oh yeah crewed on a nitro funny car 2.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 03:34 PM

I am a "sometime" racer, the way my work schedule is I'm off two weekends and work two weekends, 12 hour days and nights. There are family things to do, then in the spring the crappie are biting and the turkeys are gobbling so I chase them. I've done all the work on my Dart with the exception of the machine work and the rear end, Strange was kind enough to do that for me. For the past four winters I've had a large project on the car to do. I think this winter I'll put the cover on and forget it. It needs painting but I'm not really in the mood to tackle it.

I guess I'm more of a recreational racer.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:11 PM

Dwayne Porter, Jeff Koblynski, Chris Uratcho and now even Chuck Millen have not made many passes this past year. So by some standards they are not qualified to post? But someone with a 30+ year old, unmodified slant 6, in a beat-up car that races regularly meets the standard. Without clarification your original post can be taken wrong. Otherwise, I'm happy and qualified to disappoint the standard. My rant would be someone who goes fast and races that thinks he knows everything. As-if buying and using someone elses proven speed parts and combination is the highway to knowledge.
Posted By: silverfish

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:13 PM

I actually race. Didn't get to race much this year because of breakage and work though. I have mostly bracket raced and my dad does the heads up racing. Have won numerous events with all three of our cars including the bracket finals several years back.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:16 PM

Quote:

Dwayne Porter, Jeff Koblynski, Chris Uratcho and now even Chuck Millen have not made many passes this past year. So by some standards they are not qualified to post? But someone with a 30+ year old, unmodified slant 6, in a beat-up car that races regularly meets the standard. Without clarification your original post can be taken wrong. Otherwise, I'm happy and qualified to disappoint the standard. My rant would be someone who goes fast and races that thinks he knows everything. As-if buying and using someone elses proven speed parts and combination is the highway to knowledge.

again you missed my point....all the guys you mentioned, VERY knowledgeable and they are the guys that SHOULD be posting...some people cant change a spark plug, but will argue about ??? with the above mentioned people...thats the people im talking about

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:23 PM

I think there is some confusion as to who meets the criteria for this race section.I honestly feel that anyone who has an interest in the sport be it racer to fans and everyone between.Sharing the knowledge is great,sharing the interest is even better.The race topic spills into most every aspect of Mopar interest.Sharing,learning and just communicating with others create a common bond around the world,right here on Moparts.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:27 PM

Quote:

I think there is some confusion as to who meets the criteria for this race section.I honestly feel that anyone who has an interest in the sport be it racer to fans and everyone between.Sharing the knowledge is great,sharing the interest is even better.The race topic spills into most every aspect of Mopar interest.Sharing,learning and just communicating with others create a common bond around the world,right here on Moparts.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!! Well spoken,Bob!!

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OF COURSE....ANY AND ALL are welcome, just there are too many "internet/keyboard experts" on here, thats all im saying.....

Quote:

Quote:

again you missed my point....all the guys you mentioned, VERY knowledgeable and they are the guys that SHOULD be posting...some people cant change a spark plug, but will argue about ??? with the above mentioned people...thats the people im talking about

So your saying 99.9% of us in hear should get lost???

It doesn't take long to weed out the knowledgable posters from the people that just want to type something or argue. I've found it quite easy to "read past" some people's posts once I figure out that they almost never know what they are talking about - and of course also know who's posts to zero in on for their factual knowledge-driven information.
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ya think they're gonna call themselves out? And what if they do? This is the Internet, remember? Ya gotta have a good BS meter going all the time, and ignore the flakes/trolls. Just like water off a duck's back - let it roll right off.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:38 PM

Quote:

It doesn't take long to weed out the knowledgable posters from the people that just want to type something or argue. I've found it quite easy to "read past" some people's posts once I figure out that they almost never know what they are talking about - and of course also know who's posts to zero in on for their factual knowledge-driven information.

Good stuff ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:39 PM

Lets see. I get to the track, on time, with a car that is properly prepped. I bring the necessary safety equipment, and enough parts and tools for minor problems. I set up my pit to be usable but mindful of my neighbors. I listen to the P.A. and know when and where I am supposed to be. I do my burnout when I am supposed to, and stage when I'm supposed to. And I EXPECT to be there for the next round. And last but certainly not least, I'm courteous to my fellow competitors, win or lose.

Yeah, I am a RACER.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:41 PM

Quote:

Pretty much the way I look at it too.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OF COURSE....ANY AND ALL are welcome, just there are too many "internet/keyboard experts" on here, thats all im saying.....

That's the great thing about it is those"keyboard experts" chime in show their true character or lack of character and we get tons of entertainment.This is a great way to find who is real and who is a poser.As long as we keep it civil,everyone can decide who is full of BS for them selves.You will always get varied opinions ,and how you are viewed is how you present yourself,good or bad.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 04:56 PM

Actually race? Yes. A racer? Ehhhh w/7 whole passes last year I don't know if that qualifies. Year before was better.

This place has a wealth of knowlege and some are people who have raced but don't at present.
Posted By: JCCuda

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:03 PM

It depends on what your meaning of actually racing a car means. When I do go to the track I am there to race. I want to win! I know a guy who say's if you want to race you'll find a way to do it every week and you'll be signed up for points otherwise your just a career test and tuner or a wanna be bracket racer. (by the way I raced him one time and beat him with a better light and drove the finish line better) I have too many thing's that get in the way of my racing, a full time job a side business, a wife, 2 teenage girl's 1 of which is in a $36,000/yr college and the other one who play's soccer and lacrosse not to mention a house and a yard to take care of. I'm hoping in a couple of years I'll be able to spend more time racing but in the mean time I do it when time and money permit and when the car's are not broken. I have 2 cars and the engine's are out of both of them right now and were all season. So does that mean I don't actually race a car? I don't know, I made my first pass in 1979 and there have not been to many years in between then and now that I haven't been to the track to race at least a couple time's a year. So the verdict is out. I think that I actually race a car others may not share my opinion. In the end does it really matter, people have to do what works best for them.

Attached File
6318127-cudapinks.bmp  (142 downloads)
Posted By: StripeHOG

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:09 PM

2011 will be my 10th season racing, 10-12 wins not 100% sure probably 20-30 final rounds I know I suck probably 1500-2000 passes probably 75-100 first round losses oh and plus I've probably bought back and lost again 10-12 times I hate that $^$%ing %&%^ nothing worse than getting beat twice...... anymore if I can't race I don't go!!!! I'm not a spectator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit* this ended my season this year in the waterbox pulling third gear!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34747&id=100000210124521&l=b45a6d7f60
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:11 PM

Quote:

Ya think they're gonna call themselves out? And what if they do? This is the Internet, remember? Ya gotta have a good BS meter going all the time, and ignore the flakes/trolls. Just like water off a duck's back - let it roll right off.

If you don't have one you can use mine

Posted By: StripeHOG

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:12 PM

Posted By: 1badD50

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:22 PM

I do lots of racing still dont know that much . sure love doing it though. stupid winter

Attached picture 6318165-fronthood.jpg
Posted By: E-85 408 DART

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:25 PM

dam near 6 pages in less than 20 hrs. WOW!!! I have a pipe dream race car.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:33 PM

Quote:

2011 will be my 10th season racing, 10-12 wins not 100% sure probably 20-30 final rounds I know I suck probably 1500-2000 passes probably 75-100 first round losses oh and plus I've probably bought back and lost again 10-12 times I hate that $^$%ing %&%^ nothing worse than getting beat twice...... anymore if I can't race I don't go!!!! I'm not a spectator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit* this ended my season this year in the waterbox pulling third gear!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34747&id=100000210124521&l=b45a6d7f60

Das ist Freakinbroken Ya
Posted By: rtspeeddemon

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:48 PM

Test & Tune for me get to the track a couple times a year, like many above like going fast.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:51 PM

Lets include all the 750-1500 DYNO HP show poodles and we can probably fill another 6 pages.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 05:56 PM

That's the great thing about it is those"keyboard experts" chime in show their true character or lack of character and we get tons of entertainment.This is a great way to find who is real and who is a poser.As long as we keep it civil,everyone can decide who is full of BS for them selves.You will always get varied opinions ,and how you are viewed is how you present yourself,good or bad.

Very good Bob
They are taking a test without even knowing it!

So when they open mouth-insert foot, we should be entertained.

But I do think some VERY knowledgeable people have been chased off of here do to internet know-it-alls argueing with them.

I have learned a lot from many on here for that I thank you
Don

Attached picture 6318225-8-2-093ofus.jpg
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:01 PM

depends on how you look at it,alot can be learnt and also aplied without a sanctioned event at a track.
except for that lots of crewwork for a friend running heads up,there is just as much work just being part of a crew as it is to race

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:04 PM

Quote:

Lets include all the 750-1500 DYNO HP show poodles and we can probably fill another 6 pages.

Let's not.I once saw a show poodle being molested by a Bull Mastif.It wasn't a pretty site and words to discribe wouldn't be fit for print.
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:09 PM

Quote:

LOL
I recall racing your father at the Classic warm up in my old beat up gold dart. His dial 21.23 mine 11.23!!!! LOL I did get the win 10 seconds and almost doubled his MPH.
Yes I race

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Let's not.I once saw a show poodle being molested by a Bull Mastif.It wasn't a pretty site and words to discribe wouldn't be fit for print.

@H*#)K racers rigemfrackensademfricken racers Hahahahahahah Don

Attached picture 6318250-kingoftrack2010.jpg
Posted By: Tig

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:52 PM

Had my liscence since '97. Had the car since '87. Race as much as time, money and events will allow.
I'd guess I ask more questions here than I comment but I'll share my experience if the post is about something feel qualified to comment on. Generally I try not get caught up in the BS but I've commented on posts and know it has been taken the wrong way, it's never intentional.
I've learned a lot here and everyone seems willing to help if they can. Don't change it.
Posted By: John_T_Brown

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 06:52 PM

Since '63 Brackets and Super Stock

Attached picture 6318311-nitrojam131.JPG
Posted By: 67dodge67

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:02 PM

I think I was a kid when I saw my first drag race on TV in the 70's so I think that was when I was hooked. I had fun cars thru high school but never did anything with them. About 10 years ago, I began to look around for something and was always into Mopars... a little while after that, I came across my car, sitting out in Nevada (from who I would find out later was owned by a member on here who's name is/was LAWFISH) and the deal was done. I had no intention of racing it, just restoring it and make it a daily driver.... until I found this website. It went from a daily driver to a stroker engine, dana, etc.etc... you get the hint. It's a street/strip car and regarding my times down the dragstrip, over the past 3 years, maybe 20. One thing I found myself doing was keeping my eyes open to the info found on here and learning from it. I think I have been doing pretty good so far... I think I would consider myself someone who does race a car.

Thanks Moparts to a wonderful site. It is very greatly appreciated.

Dave
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:02 PM

So after skimming through a couple posts in this thread I’ve learned the following…

1. Almost all, or the great majority have now or at one time raced a car
2. Everyone one else that hasn’t posted in this thread is an idiot. Thus bringing up the question how many members remain considering this thread is now five pages long… and counting!
3. The mating mechanics of dogs of disproportionate size is somewhat non-elegant.

Outstanding!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you guys need to ease up a little on Quicktree. he really is a good friend of mine

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you guys need to ease up a little on Quicktree. he really is a good friend of mine

LoL
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:16 PM

I started racing in 2000. I mostly test and tune, but I have run some street car shootout type stuff. I used to crew on a couple of grudge cars also.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:19 PM

Some of these posts are pretty hypocritical , some of you guys wanna look @ you're own posts on 'techi knowledge' before bashing others. ............should we name & shame? , now that would be a real good thread , unlike this one. , i know some guys that don't race & are extremely knowledgeable , i know some guys that race who know nothing , i know some drivers of some pretty fast cars that don't know how to change a plug

Posted By: Tig

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:23 PM

Quote:

Some of these posts are pretty hypocritical , some of you guys wanna look @ you're own posts on 'techi knowledge' before bashing others. ............should we name & shame? , now that would be a real good thread , unlike this one. , i know some guys that don't race & are extremely knowledgeable , i know some guys that race who know nothing , i know some drivers of some pretty fast cars that don't know how to change a plug

It ain't that fast and I CAN change a plug

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not anymore although I have been racing longer than you have been out of diapers

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

At age 66, how I am viewed by others regarding this thread ( or forum ) doesn't rank real high on my priority list - and probably a good thing it doesn't. I enjoy many aspects of this sport. I like to work in my garage and do as much of my own stuff as I can. I enjoy and learn from this web sight and I like to give back to this web sight when and where I can. I like to go to the track to just T&T. I like to go to the track to race. I run an 11 second car. It doesn't have a rollbar and I use that as my "control button". As long as I remain healthy, tomorrow I may be building a 9 second car or restore another car for my wife. Last month I restored a 1980 Vespa Piagio Grande (that's an Italian bicycle with a motor on it ) for my Daughter. Obviously, I don't devote my entire existance ( and $ ) to racing, which is why I post on other forums within this web sight. For those that feel I am not qualified to post on this forum, - and have a great day!
Posted By: RT540

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:25 PM

Haven´t raced a car since 2002, but that will change next summer. First bracket race on a 1/8 track was 1993 with a Roadrunner-70 440+ plate nitrous system.
Can´t say I know much about NOS, as it´s been 15 years, last time on nitrous, so I don´t make any post on the subject.

Tuff crowd here today.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It ain't that fast and I CAN change a plug

You don't fall in any of those catagories Dave , always had a lot of respect for you , now that's just narrowed things down a bit.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:27 PM

Quote:

Haven´t raced a car since 2002, but that will change next summer. First bracket race on a 1/8 track was 1993 with a Roadrunner-70 440+ plate nitrous system.
Can´t say I know much about NOS, as it´s been 15 years, last time on nitrous, so I don´t make any post on the subject.

Tuff crowd here today.

what the heck is NOS hi Tom
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:31 PM

Quote:

It's an energy drink!

http://www.drinknos.com/

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 07:36 PM

Quote:

Very good Bob

But I do think some VERY knowledgeable people have been chased off of here do to internet know-it-alls argueing with them.

Don

It is sad that you say very knowledgable people have been chase off.If they chose not to defend their position or statements and quit posting then that was their choise.Myself,I would rather stand my ground and defend myself than be run off. The main thing is if your right defend yourself and if your wrong be man enough to admit it or apologize.I wize friend always told me,the best way to get respect for your knowledge is to be"humble".Never force your opinion on others,arrogence displays ignorance.Another thought comes to mind:Learn when to quit beating a "dead horse"
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 08:11 PM

Quote:

No I dont drive the car anymore but am the owner,builder
and crew chief(cant get my NHRA license anymore)....
BUT I use to race
Posted By: galen

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 08:12 PM

I have not been down the track in many years, since 81 to be exact. I hope to in the future. I have the car which is still a work in progress, and finally bought a trailer. I started doing the cruise night stuff last year, and put the racing dream on hold for now. Maybe I realized that is best for me at this time. Would love to do the test and tune nights but being in a wheelchair it requires at least one helper. The car and boat I always thought fits into this forum. They may not be on the dragstrip but they are mopar racing engines to some degree, and the car is 8.50 certified with handicap plates . I do not comment though on things I know nothing about. I do always appreciate the feedback I get when I ask questions. And being a mopar lover as long as I remember I know I can get answers on this board that pertains to the type engines I run. Honestly I hope this never changes. Racer no, horsepower junkie, always.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 08:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Very good Bob

Don

It is sad that you say very knowledgable people have been chase off.If they chose not to defend their position or statements and quit posting then that was their choise.Myself,I would rather stand my ground and defend myself than be run off. The main thing is if your right defend yourself and if your wrong be man enough to admit it or apologize.I wize friend always told me,the best way to get respect for your knowledge is to be"humble".Never force your opinion on others,arrogence displays ignorance.Another thought comes to mind:Learn when to quit beating a "dead horse"

well said Bob
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 08:24 PM

Between the 3 cars that I’ve built and maintain, myself, my wife and my dad have made between 700 - 800 passes this year and this has been a slower than normal season for us. I’ve learned a lot and got a bunch of question answered from this site and I’ve still got a lot to learn from a lot of people on this site. I’ve really enjoyed this site the past several years, met a bunch of great people, bought and sold a ton of stuff (and never once had an issue on either end).

But the quality of discussions has diminished the past few years. I think some of it is that people are reluctant to post their build up for fear of being bashed. Seems like common respect for people has diminished, not just here but in general. So there aren’t as many interesting posts.

I’ve noticed in the recent past that when I commented on a post it ended up being the last post on the thread, I not sure if my post came across abrasive or too authoritative, I sure didn’t intend for that to come across so I’ve become a little more hesitant to post lately. (I posted pretty late on this thread so it will probably happen again..lol)

But in general, this site has a great bunch of members, I’ve had several people help me out with information, parts, etc for free and I’ve done the same as well and you don’t find that everywhere these days.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 09:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's an energy drink!

http://www.drinknos.com/

yep but i prefer this other site

http://www.dricknos.se/bilder.html

i randomly chose the most intresting part of the site
Posted By: wesw

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 09:52 PM

my son and i both race. we only got out two times this year do to new motor problems. next year we plan on running quite a few races in the midwest

Attached picture 6318586-Picture053.jpg
Posted By: sc301v

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 09:56 PM

Made 354 passes this year and thats about average for me.....

Attached picture 6318593-winnercircle1.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:04 PM

I tend to keep my posts to what I consider myself more able to answer...basically I know less of the mechanics than most here...but I would say more about racing than most here....
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:10 PM

Quote:

Yea, but what's the point? There are know-it-alls in every walk of life, not just here. If someone doesn't meet the reader's criteria of being legit, they have a choice to make, right? I come here to learn, share ideas and offer advice/opinions within my limits. And while I hope that would be the case for everyone, I recognize that's not possible and therefore, digest posted info accordingly.

What I find laughable (or sad depending on how you look at it) is that it's a SHAME we can't get 6 pages on a topic that's useful instead of this...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:12 PM

I'd never claim to be a racer but I do like to drag my car to the track and see if I might get past the first round. I jumped back into this fray in my mid 50's and I'm havin a ball I really appreciate the help I get from the folks on this board and mostly ignore the mouths that find the words coming from the lower part of their torsos. I know we have lost some very knowledgeable posters and wish they would thicken up their skin and jump back in. Thanks to all.

Posted By: Thread Ender1

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:12 PM

I believe im a "racer", even though im just a hobby racer and a time slip collector and probably be nothing more. Im on my 3rd street/strip Duster in which i just completed and like to drive them on the street to. Ive raced twice this year and am going out again to Fontana Dec 4th. I try and do everything myself if possible and never paid to have a engine built. I only ask questions generally and give advice rarely.
Posted By: oldtimer5151

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:15 PM

I`ve had a race car since `62, and raced ford,gm, and mopar. I was involved in a wreck in `09 and told that the next wreck would be my last. I have a driver now and still it is not the same, but it is still fun. Don`t worry about the bad comments because they make the good and knowledgeable ones sound better.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:23 PM

Well it has been way too long since I made a pass, let alone gone any rounds. My first passes were in 1967 driving a 57 Chrysler with 392 power. After years of racing the brand X stuff I went back to my roots and built a HEMI. Although I have been driving a 383 Road Runner since 1968 (Mom's car) I knew very little about 426 HEMIs.
I have learned more here, than anywhere else and the help that has been given me is amazing! Often times I tell others about the information that is given me here, both in threads and PMs and they are very surprised to say the least.
Hopefully if all works according to plan I will be back racing next season.
Thanks to all who have contributed their time and expertise.
I love Moparts!!!

Attached picture 6318630-Copyof572Hemitempinstall3-28-09029.jpg
Posted By: mafo

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:23 PM

as soon as the snow melts...but I know nothing about nitrous

Attached picture 6318631-pudasjrvism2010014.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As little as I get the car out anymore, I've basically given up on racing and just hit the Test & Tune sessions to have fun beating on it and making it faster.

The last time I actually wanted to go some rounds, the car sprung an oil leak before the 1st round was called and that was it for the day. Oh, that was the last time I was at the track (2009), too.

So, I forgot to ask... am I still allowed to post here?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 10:51 PM

Quote:

I love Moparts!!!

Now that car is really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: mphsmitch

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:02 PM

I race and TnT as much as I can.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:18 PM

ugh!

I just looked through some timeslips the other day and it was 2000 since I was at the track last.

Oh well, I've got a car almost back together and intend on having a cool street/strip car I can have some fun with this summer.
Posted By: goody340g

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:21 PM

our racing has slowed down (mine a screeching stop) due to work and kids. i have not been down the track in 5yrs, but my dad and bro. didn't stop just slowed down. next if diff. though, as my daughter and nephew will both be racing jr.'s next yr. so we'll be back in full force with 2-jr's, 2-undercover dragsters and hopefully my 16 yr. old nephew will be in my dart.

i agree with whoever said you don't have to be knowledgable to race or go fast. i've been 7.70's and should go faster next yr. but i don't know much about the details of the motors. i felt really dumb when i asked a ? about our predator motor on here, and people started asking details and i didn't know the answers. but i came on here to try and learn more, and i'll learn more from dad but we are still busy working and have not really started in on the cars yet.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:21 PM

Quote:

I tend to keep my posts to what I consider myself more able to answer...basically I know less of the mechanics than most here...but I would say more about racing than most here....

Can you give any advice on 'box adjusments' and dial in 'adjusments'????
Posted By: mistress

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:22 PM

I race every weekend, sometimes sat and sunday both.I also try to make some special events like Chrysler Classic and mopars vs.the world. I can race either Ihra or Nhra having a comp license in both but this year raced Nhra div 3
Posted By: Dustin71

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:27 PM

I get out every chance i get...
I in a way have to...
making sure the car stays consistant...
i do stay busy for the Street Scene....
well known in my home town for staying busy..... making that Paper...

Attached picture 6318735-THEDUSTER016.jpg
Posted By: 70RTRacer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:49 PM

I still race but find myself tuning on the my kids Jr Dragsters more and more.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/24/10 11:59 PM

Just about every weekend March thru November, sometimes both Saturday and Sunday, I run points April to September and a few specialty events after that. I mainly race 11secdart but also my 92 D150 on occasion. I tried something new this year about a month ago, my home track had a small Mopar Meet, I ran my truck in Trophy and my Dart in Pro it was a lot of juggling but fun as I Won with the truck and lost 3rd round with the Dart. Yeah, I guess you can say I actually race!.... a lot!

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Can you give any advice on 'box adjusments' and dial in 'adjusments'????

......actually I can....I've dialed many a friend to the winners circle. I think I take more chances with myself
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 12:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I love Moparts!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Attached picture 6318864-CopyofHPIM2577.JPG
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have lots of respect for your and ow your car performs. That said, WHO are you talking about. Let's get this out in the open. Beating around the bush isn't any fun and will possibly alienate an unintended audience. Thoughts?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:01 AM

im tempted to edit the title and to :

Do you feel that you are qualified to give advice on topics in here??

So far i see a lot of qualified people posting in here......a perfect example is the people that have no idea what its like to race a 3500lb car tell me that a Dana or 8 3/4 is better than the 9" that i use. Meanwhile the 9" is the most popular rear for a reason..LMAO ! ! !

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:24 AM

Quote:

So far i see a lot of qualified people posting in here......a perfect example is the people that have no idea what its like to race a 3500lb car tell me that a Dana or 8 3/4 is better than the 9" that i use. Meanwhile the 9" is the most popular rear for a reason..LMAO ! ! !

I am with you I knew this thread was another 83/4 vs 9"
Posted By: sturmenater

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:25 AM

I race trucks not cars
slow truck 2002 dakota stock 4.7 reg cab 14.50s in the 1/4

Faster truck 95 dakota should be dun before spring just dropped the big block and trans in it last night hopefully break the engine in over the holiday weekend shooting for low 11,s high 10,s

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:37 AM

Quote:

Only on close to stock builds!

I build my own cars including engine, transmission and suspension so I know what works for me.

Most of the time I'm a lurker here on the race board as I feel others have much more experience and therefore better advice than I could ever hope to give!

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sometimes it sure takes alot of time to get to the bottom of things or core of a thread. mike
Posted By: sturmenater

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:40 AM

im sorry I got between your lovers quarrel
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:42 AM

Quote:

Seems to also be some keyboard mechanics along the way too.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:48 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile the 9" is the most popular rear

lady gaga is popular also.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 01:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sometimes it sure takes alot of time to get to the bottom of things or core of a thread. mike

thats what I was thinking he could have made it a lot easier
Posted By: emarine01

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 02:55 AM

Being somewhat of a newcomer to racing... I have saved a ton of time & cash from posting & reading on this form ... Oh and have become somewhat competive to boot... and I dont even have a car

Attached picture 6319151-MVC-020S.JPG

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 03:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I love Moparts!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Course i really love that engine. I'm a good friend of Hyper Henry's. when I was growing up about 6 years old 57? our town cop had a Henry J then he became Rural postman and him and his wife drove them till she died and he no longer had a licence but he would not part with the 4 or so sitting on his property till he died in the late eighties in his eighties. Never seen anyone else I remember with a henry J and so cool to know sears sold them as allstates!!

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 03:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Meanwhile the 9" is the most popular rear

lady gaga is popular also.

My sediments exactly!! LOL!!
Posted By: moparpiff

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 04:26 AM

I race as much as possible. Just finished up the first year with my new car.

Attached picture 6319369-worldseries.jpg
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 04:43 AM

I think made it out five times this year, hope to do more in 2011.
Bill

Attached picture 6319405-OldTimeDrags2010001_Crop.jpg
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:03 AM

My name is DoubleD and I am a recovering Drag Race Addict - I have raced since 1980 with four different cars - I sold everything - then I met that enabler Max-Maniac! Since then I just spend his money to enable him - but I still have one car left in the Garage...................
Posted By: G_bob

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:15 AM

Well, due to my own choices, my racing is limited. I don't race on Sundays (one of those personal choices) so I'm limited to one-day events. I was able to hit ONE summit series saturday race this year. Had the car out three times. New years day bracket race, MATS and the summit race in August.
Never won an event, best I've done is made it to the 4th round once. Started with a pro-street car that seriously underperformed first time out with mid-12's. Made changes over the past few years (with tons of knowledge learned here) and have it in the 9.9's now.
I only comment on stuff I've experienced (which isn't much).

Oh yeah, I've got a dana in my 3500lb car.

And one of these days, I'll finally put in the solid rod end bars and pitch the urethane end pro-street bars.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 06:38 AM

Quote:

Oh no you didn't...........now, not only will you have the keyboard racers on you, now you will get the "purist police" fired up. Tony, you are just a ...ain't cha

Monte
Posted By: BigRay

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 07:05 AM

I've been racing since 1969,and still am.That's 41 years,Is that enough to qualify me as a racer?
Posted By: silverfish

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 07:21 AM

Purist police...lmao!
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 09:12 AM

I've had mine out a few times.

Attached picture 6319684-IMG_0013.jpg
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 11:41 AM

Started out with a Chrysler powered Willys in 1967, been racing an aluminum 63 Dodge and for the 2011 year ,I will be racing a well known racers Hemi Dart. Also , we will be putting on the "Spring Nostalgia Nationals" at National Trail Raceway , April 30th - May 1st 2011.Be there or be square.
Posted By: 73-Dart-sport

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 03:49 PM

I don't know if I qualify yet as racing. Do about 35 passes a year at T&T and race the Chrysler classic each year at Norwalk. Improving every year. After first buying Prosport's Dartsport, went to the track 3 years ago having never been down the dragstrip. It was rediculous, redlined it when missing shifts, left the hood scoop plug in on one run etc. It's nice to know others have done similar things. Only went like mid 11's in the car. Slowly working it down and went a best in the car this year with a 9.77 second pass. I run it to see how much I can improve each time out. I am not necessarily concerned about how many rounds I go against guys who race all the time and I don't get worked up about it if I lose. Life is to short to make racing a full time job. I have one of those. Don't get me wrong, I am competitive and trying to improve. I am not trying to pour a huge amount of money into it constantly chasing e.t.'s.
I enjoy the people I meet at the track and my family enjoys going with me. There are a lot of members on this board who have helped me with advice and also by personally helping me with the car on and off the track. Thanks to everyone who has helped me learn at this sport. That kind of help will keep the sport alive. That being said, I look forward to running CRT someday for criticising Prosport for selling his car to a "Chevy" guy which I am not. I would also like to run Thumperdart after he runs that Big Tire Nova. I don't have a lot of knowledge to share with anyone yet, but maybe someday I can help someone new to the sport.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 04:16 PM

I am a racer/tuner and learning to be a better builder (Thanks BGR). Had 350+ runs this season. Footbrake my 69 Roadrunner in Box and No Box every chance I get.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:20 PM

I think this is a great post and should be used to weed out the ones that are keyboard crewchiefs. From my experiance racing changes all the time, new tire compounds, new traction compounds, new motor combos, etc the only thing consistant is change. So if some one is not out there at the track doing what's needed there prolly giving bad info. This board is about progressing mopars at the track, me helping who I can and others helping me, if I get a consistant hassle from someone that is just running there mouth like a parrett cause they seen someone else type the same thing that does not help others because they really can't explane the reasons why changes are needed or why it helps. So yes I think track time is very important for anyone that posts in this section.
I know the motor guys hardly never get out to the track, there always dynoing or building new combos. But till it's proven on the track is it really a move in the right direction? Would you rather have a motor built by a guy that's never been to the strip or someone that's out Trying new things in the name of faster?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:28 PM

POLLY wanna cracker....

well I guess there will be only 25 guys left on this board....

Im not included in there...havent realy raced in years ...I even forgot how I built some of my cars

what was the question anyways...I forgot
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:31 PM

There is people that don't race?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:34 PM

Quote:

I think this is a great post and should be used to weed out the ones that are keyboard crewchiefs. From my experiance racing changes all the time, new tire compounds, new traction compounds, new motor combos, etc the only thing consistant is change. So if some one is not out there at the track doing what's needed there prolly giving bad info. This board is about progressing mopars at the track, me helping who I can and others helping me, if I get a consistant hassle from someone that is just running there mouth like a parrett cause they seen someone else type the same thing that does not help others because they really can't explane the reasons why changes are needed or why it helps. So yes I think track time is very important for anyone that posts in this section.
I know the motor guys hardly never get out to the track, there always dynoing or building new combos. But till it's proven on the track is it really a move in the right direction? Would you rather have a motor built by a guy that's never been to the strip or someone that's out Trying new things in the name of faster?

Theres alot more to being quick than just a engine,
a chassis set up or a bad converter will make a good
engine look bad.... its a package deal
Posted By: Todd

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:49 PM

I've race years ago. In the process of building one and hope to be at the track in 2011.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 05:58 PM

I race my car as much as work and real life will allow, I even won an event this year . I really appreciate the fact that I can come on this forum and ask a question and it will be answered many times by racers-now and former ones who have been in the trenches and know little secrets and shortcuts that are beneficial to anyone trying new things. Thanks to everyone
Posted By: moparmxz

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 06:24 PM

I,ve been racing for 24 years pretty much every weekend,and some part time racing before that.

Attached picture 6320240-IMG_0046.JPG
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 06:42 PM

While were being crytical, learn to spell also.
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 07:15 PM

Quote:

That would be "we're".

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 07:18 PM

Quote:

thats never going to happen, I can't remember how to spell the most simple words sometimes and don't really care.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 07:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thats never going to happen, I can't remember how to spell the most simple words sometimes and don't really care.

Prolley or prolie shood,sum jist kant

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 09:23 PM

Quote:

POLLY wanna cracker....

well I guess there will be only 25 guys left on this board....

Im not included in there...havent realy raced in years ...I even forgot how I built some of my cars

what was the question anyways...I forgot

Posted By: BSB67

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 09:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That would be "we're".

Always good to watch what you're throwing out there

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 09:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That would be "we're".

That would also be, "Critical" Witch fastmp was.

I admit I am a bad speller sometimes too. After 2 or 3 beers my proper spelling and grammar seems to elude me.

mike
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 10:16 PM

I've been racing on and off for a few years:

1998 (King of the Track)

Today

I wonder how much $ I've spent on this sport?
On second thought - I don't want to know...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Posted By: poisondart2

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 10:26 PM

OK one has to be able to spell, race a heavy car, have a 9 " rear to post ? Yes

Then as a engine builder, you must also be at the track to see how to build one ?

You guys are Hard Core for sure !

Me I race when I feel like it and have nothing else to do.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 10:43 PM

Quote:

OK one has to be able to spell,

.....and then there were none.
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 11:01 PM

And for those keeping track........

Thought, is not spelled Thaught
Bought, is not spelled Baught
They, is not spelled Thay
Bearing, is not spelled Baring

Brakes, are what you use to stop your car
Breaks, are what you engine does when it has had enough

And NO I don`t have a race car right now so this post doesn`t count
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/25/10 11:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh no you didn't...........now, not only will you have the keyboard racers on you, now you will get the "purist police" fired up. Tony, you are just a ...ain't cha

Monte

There's also a lot lost in the printed word. I know people who successfully have raced 3500lb cars with both the 8-3/4 and the dana. But what got lost in Tony's post is the ET that he's going with that 3500lb car. There is a big difference in racing a 3500lb car and going fast with one.
Posted By: PUNK

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 12:08 AM

Quote:

I sold my car a few years ago, my wife still has hers but I am in the middle of finishing up the short block. My brothers car is the one that we go to the races with. I built his car 4 years ago and its been in 3 magazines and is a blast to drive and race....Im just not the one doing it. Maybe one day when finances are better, I can do something for myself. I have occupied all my spare time building engines for people and helping them with misc little jobs on their cars. I really want another car. Time and money have simply kept it from happening. I do enjoy this website though, which is why I come and read many posts in the race section. I dont like giving my opinion unless im 100% sure that I am right. Which is never the case. LOL.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

OK one has to be able to spell,

.....and then there were none.

Posted By: 73swinger

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 01:02 AM

This was my second year seriously racing for points in a trophy class Finished in 3rd place.
I just like to race, but need some sort of competition to stay motivated.
My car was built as a driver, but the racing bug bit hard.
Some day, I may actually start trailering it to the track.
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 01:43 AM

Quote:

I wish i can race all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 01:55 AM

Some can drive a race car, but cannot wrench on them,
Some can wrench on a race car, but cannot drive them,
Some cannot do either but are book smart,
and some can do it all...pretty much sum's up the people that post here in this forum,,,,,,,a very diverse group of generally good people.
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 03:28 AM

Quote:

I've been racing on and off for a few years:

LOVE that picture!!
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 04:26 AM

Quote:

Hell I'm so busy at work I'm lucky to see my car once a month much less the strip lol.

Hang in there, summer time I'm the same way.I've been in Vegas for about a week making up for lost time.SCSN & Bracket Nationals. Burned up over a drum of fuel made lots of passes gone a few rounds.Went 6.03 today but was -.001 red. I'll givem he11 tomorrow.and the rest of the weekend.Hope to KICK some dragster BUTT!
NEVER GIVE UP!! =

Attached picture 6321072-103109%20325.jpg
Posted By: toddd

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 04:41 AM

I've been working on my car for about 6yrs now and the knowledge Ive gathered from this site is second to none.

I've bought parts with confidence of not getting ripped off, and haven't.

I've made alot of contacts that have turned into great friends and some people whom i'm glad are strangers....

My car is constantly evolving and for now I'm happy to hit a T&T a couple times a year.

Due to travel it is unlikely I'll ever chase points.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 05:38 AM

pretty cool to see 8 pages of RACERS/BUILDERS/TUNERS.....
Some nice cars out there too, love the pics
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 05:42 AM

Hey Mopar Rich-that pic of 1992 of shock treatment looks awesome The lightning just makes that car look fast Cool rides.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 12:42 PM

i race every chance i get , and sacrifice a LOT to do so.

Trying to make a career change right now, but I currently have to take off a day of work to race on a Saturday---and thats my biggest payday of the week.

So it costs me $$$$$$$$$ to go race 1 or 2 saturdays a month . Pretty #$@$!n frustrating . But im not going to give it up

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 04:40 PM

Quote:

So now that we are on multiple pages, what exactly was the point of this thread?

Allow everyone to brag about how much racing history they have? ( which I suspect is why this has gone on so long, since human nature prediposes most to want to talk about themselves)

Imply anyone without "race" qualification, whatever that means, that they are have nothing to add to "race" section threads?

Imply that most here can't decipher knowledgeable replies from hotair, and therefore the "race" section needs a qualifying method in order for one to reply?

Find out who cares about spelling?

Start another 9" vs 8.75" discussion?

I have plenty more to say, but suspect those that matter have gotten my point.

It is quite common, IMO, for many to forget that at one time they knew absolutely nothing about what they are now are a self proclaimed expert about.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 04:49 PM

Quote:

Hey Mopar Rich-that pic of 1992 of shock treatment looks awesome The lightning just makes that car look fast Cool rides.

Thanks.
The guy I sold the car to is still racing it out of the Phoenix area. The Harlequin paint changed color depending on the light. Here are a couple of other shots.

He also had the car in an advertisement for something.
Here is the pic that was used for the Ad. I don't think this is his garage

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 05:39 PM

Phil Dion..

He has a 69 Barracuda that matches it.. Kinda..

Chris..

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 05:42 PM

Yep. There's coverage of his other car in the latest National Dragster.
Posted By: stage3

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 06:15 PM

Used to race NHRA stock and superstock from 77-84. Started running stock again in 2001. Now run
brackets when work permits, which is not very often.
Posted By: DakFink

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/26/10 06:35 PM

I haven't been to the track as a racer since 2001.

My new ride is still in Bondo's shop. Even when he gets done I'll be lucky to get out of the desert long enough to get it all together.

But I still like talking to those that do and have raced to learn and understand as much as I can.

I have found in many years of talking to people and visiting the tracks (I go even when I can't race) that a lot of knowledge is held by those that don't even get in the cars.
Posted By: ireland383

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 12:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So now that we are on multiple pages, what exactly was the point of this thread?

Allow everyone to brag about how much racing history they have? ( which I suspect is why this has gone on so long, since human nature prediposes most to want to talk about themselves)

Imply anyone without "race" qualification, whatever that means, that they are have nothing to add to "race" section threads?

Imply that most here can't decipher knowledgeable replies from hotair, and therefore the "race" section needs a qualifying method in order for one to reply?

Find out who cares about spelling?

Start another 9" vs 8.75" discussion?

I have plenty more to say, but suspect those that matter have gotten my point.

It is quite common, IMO, for many to forget that at one time they knew absolutely nothing about what they are now are a self proclaimed expert about.

and are you proud of yourself for the amount of responses for questioning the credibility of who is a racer and who is not? For myself I come here to seek knowledge for racing and try to give back some even though it is limited.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 01:06 AM

Hi,
bracket and stock elim. raced from 1973- 1996 about every weekend quit after my father passed away to learn business. about 5yrs ago a friend talk me into nostalgia super stock, been having a blast ever since, won and runner up'd this year, racing once a month ,cause have to travel to much to do it. Great stress reliever!
Russ

Attached picture 6322416-010rockfalls019.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 01:41 AM

I stayed at a HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS last night

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 02:03 AM

Quote:

I stayed at a HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS last night

Nope!!, Doesnt qualify . Back on the porch. Two nights ,maybe

Great thread Tony! mike
Posted By: tywebb2

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 02:42 AM

I make it to the track a couple/few times a year and the Cuda is closing in on my target 11.5 run thanks to all the help from everyone here at Moparts.
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 04:23 AM

I made over 300 hits in a chevy camaro this year before getting my new Dakota. I race a lil.

Attached picture 6322764-38665_1318297889143_1581630160_30685486_265525_n.jpg
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 04:34 AM

Not Me

Made only 100 or so passes this year... hurt the motor early in the year. But We try to go to almost every NSS race we can!

Casey
Posted By: Womanator

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 12:18 PM

Don't post here anymore.
Don't know enough about door slammers.

Don't know about adding weight waiting to run and the track is holding more hp

Or about the parts it takes

Or about waiting in the staging lanes waiting to run

Or the dance at the big end of the track to get the cars off the track

And here's the big one.The $50,000 a week it cost to go racing.

My question here is how many of you race?

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 02:32 PM

Quote:

Don't post here anymore.

NOW That's what I'm Taslking About.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 02:36 PM

Quote:

I race a alky dragster,5 grand per run. I own the parts and cars(2) and then tune and drive the car. You drive?
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 03:22 PM

Well...currently no...focusing on finishing the restoration of my GTX...bracket raced since 1977...chased points and big money events since 1989...won 3 gold cards, 1 S/P points championship 2 Quick 32 season points runner-ups and numerous big money wins and runer-ups...however...put a dragster on it's head in '05 and a MAJOR engine blow-up in '07 did me in...will i ever "race" again, who knows, only time and the pocket book know for sure but I still read up in the race section just to keep up, don't post much 'cause everybody seems to know more than me

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 03:23 PM

you can spend 50mill racing but it doesn't make you a better person nor a better racer. just a thought
Posted By: pete walton

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/27/10 03:52 PM

Quote:

Don't post here anymore.

Waitng in the fire up road,getting the car turned round,packing all the kit up after a long weekend,Eating at some ungodly hour because the CAR always comes first, frustration when two hours work results in the car blowing the tyres off on the start line......been there many times,,,but everyyear i come back for more..If its in your blood there is nothing you can do but sit back and enjoy the good times ,,and deal with the badd,,,,Silverline Afuel car fastest a fueler outside of the States,5.301sec 279.95 mph .When i am not crewing ,i am racing my 67 cuda

Attached picture 6323197-2010%20EuroFinals%20IS%203.jpg
Posted By: flynbyu

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/30/10 06:25 AM

I do a lil bit ...

Attached picture 6328165-C.Classic2010-2.JPG
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/30/10 04:07 PM

Indy '08

Attached picture 6328457-l_f7e845247fd64b2ab551cf46a178c078.jpg
Posted By: dragram440

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 11/30/10 05:02 PM

I just built This car last winter and got it to the track 3 times this year with lots of gremlins to work out. I will only go to the track around 4 times per year. Maybe a couple more test and tune nights.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 12:46 AM

Does 300 plus passes in the season count? 4 final rounds, 2 wins, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, IHRA, NHRA, outlaw track, box, no box, true foot brake, bracket race or heads up, it don't matter to me. Not a hobby to me, more like a way of life.
I don't hunt, fish, play golf, or chase wild women, I race.
Brian Dunnigan

Attached picture 6329263-575x459.jpeg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 04:15 AM

I`ve owned my 72 dart since 93 and it`s on it`s 4th motor. I`m an et chaser so that`s my gig......could care less about bracket racing, trophys etc. just like to see if my changes improve my et`s which doesn`t always happen. Been doing this since the late 1980`s and will till I die but must say it`s WAY more fun street driving this heap than racing it ESPECIALLY when I pull into the gas station and fill er up. Not the fastest and not the slowest but a blast to drive street or strip. I build my own engines,tubbed it, moved the springs inboard and do all of my interior work myself. Save me a bunch of money for `s an racing.
Posted By: plumridiculous

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 06:49 AM

I race a often as I can afford to, 4 to 8 times a year. I don't post very much just lurk mostly.

George..

Attached picture 6330218-George2.jpg
Posted By: LA360

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 10:24 AM

I don't, I have steered a couple of times of cars I helped friends build. I haven't finished a car for myself because I am too fussy and often times procrastinate. I also am just too busy with work and saving for another house to concentrate on getting my car finished. I have been out of the racing scene for a little while due to work commitments also.
I have assisted with dyno testing of more engines than I can remember, built a few myself and done much of the fabrication on friends street & strip cars. I have also been fortunate enough to learn from a few exceptional engine builders too.
I tend to lurk more nowadays, I am probably not as up to date as I would like to be, I have forgotten a few things, I am getting old these days, I'm 34 next year
Posted By: Dads426

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 01:36 PM

I did in 1981. Now I delegate it to the boy. He is a better driver anyway. Maybe before I'm pushing up daisies I'll get back in a car...

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 01:38 PM

Quote:

.I have forgotten a few things, I am getting old these days, I'm 34 next year

wait till you get a little older and CRS realy creeps in..
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 03:04 PM

Only made four shakedown passes in my dads car this spring after getting the engine back in place. My car has been sitting since May of 08. Just lost interest and became more involved with my young teen daughter's activities. Hoping to get things going and make MaTS this spring.
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 03:28 PM

See sig or http://www.diegotedracing.com

Diego
Posted By: Dart of Denmark

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/01/10 05:26 PM

We do!

Attached picture 6330822-HemiDart.jpg
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/02/10 02:28 AM

I do.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/02/10 06:40 AM

I've made a pass or two in one.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 12:55 AM

It came to my attention today that my name's been brought up in this thread and it may have been started because of me??? .......I'd seen the title, but never clicked on it until now........

8secDart said this and then Tony replied;

Quote:

Quote:

exactly........

Like already mentioned by 602Heavy;

Quote:

Well , looks like you guys have really narrowed this down , not too many guys post on the nitrous threads , now lets think , Monte smith it can't be , you two guys? , squeeze? , some others? , guess that just leaves me

I looked up the last two nitrous threads and I didn't post in either one;
Exhibit Number 1..........
Exhibit Number 2..............

If this thread was started with me in mind, I have run nitrous since '92, althouth not any more than a 150 shot up until about 3-4 years ago.........Since then, the most I've sprayed on a customer's car is 300.......

I just got this 434" small block 3,150LB race weight S-10 to into the 8's......It runs 10.60's on motor and with a 250 shot (72 nitrous jet) through a single bar, Nitrous Works plate, I tuned it to a bunch of 9.0's and an 8.99 @ 147 a few weeks ago....... Click here to check it out.............. The guy's so happy he's beside himself.......It's a street truck and he doesn't even own a car hauler........He drove it to the track, ran an 8, drove it to Tulsa to eat dinner, and drove it home.......

Before that I tuned a customer's '66 Falcon from high 9.90's/10.0's on motor to 9.30's with a 150 shot by just taking timing away and leaning it out........He'd been racing it for three years and the best it'd run on the 150 shot was high 9.50's.......

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point.......

Like most people that turn their hobby into their business, I don't get as much time as I'd like to work on/race my own stuff as I used to and I'm hoping to change that next year, but I spend a LOT of time at the track tuning customer's cars........Ask anyone at Tulsa and they'll tell you I'm driving a different car every time I go to the track.......and they all run respectable........

Even if I didn't give nitrous help, I'm not a keyboard racer........ I've worked on Top Fuel cars as a fly-in clutch guy from '91 to '02........I quit in 02 because I was missing getting to watch my kids grow up.......Now I've got 4 kids (4, 7, 9 and 12 years old) and I try to take them camping every chance I get, so spare time to race my own car is really limited.............I did crew on two different Top Fuel cars this year.......Tim Cullinan's TF dragster at Chicago and Norwalk.....

.........and here I am flexing my muscles at Pomona a few weeks ago while doing the clutch on Del Worsham's car with Chuck (Del's Dad) tuning and Grand Downing driving......That's Grant to the left in the pic.....Del offered me a full time fly-in deal to work on the car next year with Alexis driving during testing after every race, but I turned it down, because I plan on getting busy with Brown Sugar.......(that didn't sound right, did it???!!! )..........Grant's wife was trying to get a pick of me with the banana in my mouth, so I turned and flexed so she could get a pic so I could get back to eating my dessert....

Here I am at Mopar Day last month in my GTS that I've owned since '87 and runs 10.60's @ 127 through exhaust manifolds with a stick........

Click here to see the pic..............

I also assemble and tune quite a few motors for customers (I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not an engine builder.....an engine builder has a full machine shop, and I don't)......Three years ago, I had 3 employee's and I'd put together anywhere from 2 to 3 motor per month and was always at least a year out on work......Dwayne Porter was just telling me a few days ago that I had him do more heads than anyone.......but now, with the economy the way it is, it's down to just me and I'm staying fairly steady.......

I'm here just trying to help people.........Unlike a LOT of people on this board, you won't see me post unless I know a LOT about the subject and believe it or not, I've been trying to be more PC, but it sure is hard for me to convey tone over a keyboard.......

I've been called a lot of things, but this is the first time I've been called a Bench Racer......
Posted By: cbarracuda

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 02:28 AM

I race one or twice a month. At the track, I usually see some of my customers, but at the track I am a driver.
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 02:57 AM

I've never seen Squeeze any where other than the track

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 03:05 AM

Squeeze , nice to put a face to a keyboard , what makes you think you have to explain yourself? , no one said you are a keyboard jockey , they may think it but names were never mentioned , i honestly thought it was me , so thanks .........maybe go back to that nitrous thread & correct a couple of things you said , only messin around , go have a beer & chill out.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 03:17 AM

Quote:

I've never seen Squeeze any where other than the track

Hey Tommy......It sure was fun hanging out with you and the FAST crew at the Mopar Nats......That was a blast outside the hotel in Heath......

Quote:

Squeeze , nice to put a face to a keyboard , what makes you think you have to explain yourself? , no one said you are a keyboard jockey , they may think it but names were never mentioned , i honestly thought it was me , so thanks .........maybe go back to that nitrous thread & correct a couple of things you said , only messin around , go have a beer & chill out.

I'm good ......and I do enjoy reading your posts (since we both think a LOT alike ).......I just had someone tell me today to check this thread out because it looked like it was about me..... I'd seen the thread, but it never crossed my mind that it could have been started with me in mind, so I thought I needed to post up......

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 05:27 AM

BigSqueeze and 602Heavy....i will tell you right now, this thread was not started because of either of you,.....not at all,

I dont post on here much, but i read quite a bit, lurking, and sometimes the "advice" on here just kills me. People want to know why Mopars are not at the front of heads up racing??? I can tell you this, because they are too blind and brand loyal to the point of ??? They refuse to see what the best trans and rear are....Menawhile Ford and GM racers use the best parts availible and thats it....less brand loyalty, How manny mustangs you see with small Block Chevys???? A lot in my area. This is just an example, the people that praise Dana rear up and down kill me, they rather use a heavy dump truck rear end rather than a ford BASED/design rear thats light, has plenty of parts availible cheap/used. NO instead they rather use that truck rear that takes a massive amount of labor to change the gears ?????

FLAME ON....

At least we have a cool place to argue over all this stuff...MOPARTS

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 05:38 AM

Quote:

BigSqueeze and 602Heavy....i will tell you right now, this thread was not started because of either of you,.....not at all,

I dont post on here much, but i read quite a bit, lurking, and sometimes the "advice" on here just kills me. People want to know why Mopars are not at the front of heads up racing??? I can tell you this, because they are too blind and brand loyal to the point of ??? They refuse to see what the best trans and rear are....Menawhile Ford and GM racers use the best parts availible and thats it....less brand loyalty, How manny mustangs you see with small Block Chevys???? A lot in my area. This is just an example, the people that praise Dana rear up and down kill me, they rather use a heavy dump truck rear end rather than a ford BASED/design rear thats light, has plenty of parts availible cheap/used. NO instead they rather use that truck rear that takes a massive amount of labor to change the gears ?????

FLAME ON....

I can do a dana set of gears just as quick as a ford set.

just sayin

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 05:41 AM

stop showing off.....

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 05:50 AM

Quote:

stop showing off.....

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 05:55 AM

Quote:

It's all good...... ........When I'd first read the title of this thread, a few names did pop into my head.......

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 06:02 AM

what rear is in your car now???

IF they had pro gears for 8.8 i might put one of them in my car, thats getting LIGHT

Remeber when some of the Mopar SS hemi cars had GM 12 bolts in them??

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 06:07 AM

Quote:

what rear is in your car now???

IF they had pro gears for 8.8 i might put one of them in my car, thats getting LIGHT

Remeber when some of the Mopar SS hemi cars had GM 12 bolts in them??

Moly fab housing, strange ultra with lightened r&p, 40 spline star and rifled.

the SS stuff was a 9" moly housing with a strange aluminum 12 bolt drop out.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 06:08 AM

here

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 06:25 AM

hey Squeeze got any HAWAIIAN PUNCH.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 02:03 PM

Quote:

hey Squeeze got any HAWAIIAN PUNCH.

That's hilarious!!1 ........Have you asked Sandy about Thunder Jet???

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 04:23 PM

Quote:

This is just an example, the people that praise Dana rear up and down kill me, they rather use a heavy dump truck rear end rather than a ford BASED/design rear thats light, has plenty of parts availible cheap/used. NO instead they rather use that truck rear that takes a massive amount of labor to change the gears ?????

FLAME ON....

So after so many replies we finally get an answer to "exactly" what was "the point" of this thread.

Another 8.75" vs 9" or whatever.

We need an instant graemlin for this age old issue
Posted By: mphsmitch

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 08:16 PM

I mostly ran open comp this past season and some footbreak races. I plan to run the points in open comp next season and a few 8.00 1/8 index in Ga. I also like to try to do a little bit of grudge racing on test and tune night. http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac293/mphsmitch/kelstruck2-1.jpg
Posted By: biginchmotor

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 12/03/10 11:52 PM

I do. Made it to the track once this season. Busy with other things this summer...John.
Posted By: kittrellimport

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 06:40 AM

It was 2 years ago with a chevy BUT now with a MOPAR

Posted By: 572_dup2

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 02:41 PM

I do!!

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 03:11 PM

Quote:

FLAME ON....

I post alot... but one thing you will never see me
post on is nitrous... I've never ran it but I do
have a kit hanging on the wall... I dont know anything
about it
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 04:08 PM

Here is a scenario for you.

Been racing off and on since '75 or so.
Always look to go faster, not really important to race or win, just improve performance.
Relatively small amount of seat time, no trophies, made it down to 5 once.

My 4 speed 68 Cuda HAS NEVER BEEN ON TRACK, however it has the 3rd set of Caltrac bars that were ever made for a mopar application.

Was following stock elim for quite a while seeing how those guys did it and trying to get better "hook" and suspension control than the SS spring mopar design.

Back then, I got deterred from marketing my own leaf springs due to liability/financial issues.
Plus those "Bars" were something for the GM/Ford crowd and the few times I displayed them they were frowned upon by many purists.
Funny thing looking at the cars now.

My Aspen had an encounter with the left lane wall at Norwalk a couple yrs back and is still in rehab with a "no return to work" exclusion for the foreseable future.

I have crewed on friends TAD for a season and some others.

Race or not, appreciate all who try to help others on here, regardless of point of view.

Yeah I'm one of those Dana dump truck performance geeks.

Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 04:09 PM

I do. About 5-6 times a year.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 05:20 PM

I don't race,I'm just an exibitionist

It's just a street toy

Attached picture 6578150-5-21-S6%20067.jpg
Posted By: actionange

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 05:41 PM

I tried to STOP racing so I built this as a street car and look at what happened to it...

Attached picture 6578183-resizedCorrectDirection1.jpg
Posted By: Diablo

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 06:47 PM

I talk, think and work on the truck/engine all winter and Pull all summer!!!

Attached picture 6578283-action2010resize.jpg
Posted By: Leon441

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/10/11 07:03 PM

I have never sit in a racecar in my life. Would not have a clue what a tree or cutting a light is. Know nothing about crossing a finish line broadside at 170+. Can not imagine doing a full 1/8 mile on the bumper with no wheelie bars destroying a brand new Stroud Chute that has never been deployed.

OK OK I'm lying my butt off

What is a Dana 60? Messed with a few dump trucks and never saw one. Saw a bunch of those front loading type differentials in them though. Isn't a 9" Ferd a front loader. Oh they would fold up with any weight in the bed. Would have to brace them up. I must be dumb as dirt just built a dana 60 and put it in the truck I am building. I did warn him that the gears ratios are much more plentiful in a 9". The pinion is low which is great for a low crank height. Customer would not have paid me if and Ferd parts were used. This truck will run better with the dana and the 727. Guess that's dumb too as all the smart guys run Powerglides. Guess those record setting comp Elliminator guys are dumb too running torqflites.

Leon
25 years drag racing legally
Posted By: Darrell

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 01:23 AM

Raced a few races over the years and I still do!

Attached picture 6578807-100_1556.jpg
Posted By: Darrell

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 01:24 AM

overflow shelf!

Attached picture 6578810-100_1555.jpg
Posted By: steeldust

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 01:49 AM

I raced a 1969 tube chassis roadrunner with a DANA 60 for 20 years now i race a 1973 duster with a DANA 60 .

Attached picture 6578873-67253_152855518085378_100000827931162_228698_4851710_a.jpg
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 07:52 AM

I get close to 500 passes a season. 2 classes every race and sat and sun if there is somewhere to go both days. I have made over 40 passes in one weekend more than once.

Also I have 2 cars with a Dana 60 and 1 with a ford 9". Both seem pretty tough. Seems like the Dana gears last longer. In fact the only one i have worked on in the last 4 years is the ford 9". Better knock on wood. And 12 bolt chevys are lucky to get 150 passes on a R+P. I may start keeping a log book on how many chevys and fords I see with dana 60s. I better get a fat book cause there are a whole bunch of them. And the dana weight??? The whole 25 to 30 lbs is right on the rear tires. The car will not know the differance. And yes there are alot of rustangs out there with small block chevys. I know of a couple smart guys that put big block mopars in rustangs also. I think the smartest ones, are the ones that keep the ford motors in them as they can be quite nasty.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 11:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

FLAME ON....

I post alot... but one thing you will never see me
post on is nitrous... I've never ran it but I do
have a kit hanging on the wall... I dont know anything
about it

I know how to turn a stock hood into a cowl hood with it.
And if anyone asks how to do it, I'll tell them!
Posted By: racerx

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 11:41 AM

Not me...I hate it(bracket racing )Now heads up I'm just a spectator because i don't have the funds nor the knowledge to compete,maybe that's why i don't give advice just my
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 01:27 PM

When I can get to the track.

Kasey
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 04:15 PM

I have been racing since the 70's myself,but I have never seen anything like yesterday before at any Race-Track. They have a lot of Big $$$ Bracket races at MMP so yesterday they were having a T&T for everyone to dial there cars in for the Super 7 series race( 2 $7,000 races Saturday 1 $7,000 race Sunday) at the end of the month. So I was loaded up & down there in time to be the 1st one in the gate.Oh heres the good part they had a Freak-Nik Saturday,Big Grudge racing and Big-Time Parting!!!! Well the people not only enjoyed it,They Trash The Place They broke out windows tore down fences,tore up the bath-rooms,they were not happy with all the trash they throwed on the grounds so they turn over trash cans and pulled trash put of the dumpsters. This track is owned by Mr George Howard(The Million $$$$ Race)and run by his brother Mr Jim Howard who treat the Sportsman(Bracket& Heads up Racers) like they are John Force. They take PRIDE in there Race-Tracks and make them a 1st class Race-Track for us Racers.

If you hear your Tracks talk about a Freak-NiK or any other kind of Party for the fans you might want to have a talk with them,before their track gets TRASHED!!!!

I thought this would be a good place to post this as all of us on this post are Real Drag-Racers
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 05:50 PM

I just stand around and look pretty.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 05:53 PM

Quote:

And you do a FINE job at it

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/11/11 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And you do a FINE job at it

Well, let's see some pics..........
Posted By: larry890

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/14/11 03:16 AM

Well I'm no racer, but i stayed at a holiday inn last night. So ask me anything
Posted By: positivenoise

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/14/11 03:20 PM

I race in a club series about 7 or 8 times a season. Last two years came in 9th in points and the #1 Mopar. Actually the only Mopar.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/14/11 03:32 PM

I race a land yacht .

Attached picture 6584614-landyacht.jpg
Posted By: BILLYJAY

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/14/11 04:39 PM

Havent been able to get to the track this year.. been working 6-7 days a week.. but dying to get some more passes under my belt with the Indy Maxx Dart...

Attached picture 6584670-009.JPG
Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/14/11 05:57 PM

On hiatus at the moment.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/15/11 02:37 AM

My guess is...73

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/15/11 05:44 PM

Another month and the Georgia Peach will make its maiden run.
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/15/11 09:04 PM

I'm no professional racer, but I do race my car and do ALL of the work on it myself.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/15/11 09:18 PM

Finally got around to this thread....But I've been racing since 1978. Too much to tell here, but I have a website with a lot of info. Wouldn't know what to do with myself otherwise!
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/15/11 09:26 PM

Since 1986. Love the fast brackets, Q16, T/D, T/S, S/G, S/C.....all of it. I'm not very rich or smart....but we have some fun.

Attached picture 6586397-Caratdiv.jpg
Posted By: ETASPEN

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/19/11 02:48 AM

Quote:

I'm no professional racer, but I do race my car and do ALL of the work on it myself.

Attached picture 6591626-2010-mmw-Aspenlaunchemail.jpg
Posted By: 340duster340

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/19/11 04:34 AM

building a 69 dart thats tubbed back 1/2'd and caged.

lots of good info here ... mostly lurking, unless working and having questions or needing info.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/19/11 04:48 AM

Burnt 3 1/2 drums of race fuel last year, 2 sets of slicks and raced in 4 states so yea I run my junk a little.

Just put alky injection on it this week so I guess I will burn 7-8 drums this year!
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/19/11 04:57 AM

Started bracket racing in 1980.
I have never had a "real" race car with rollbar and slicks, all my cars are street cars/trucks.
I race in "Club Clash", and sometimes in "King Street", also at Mopar events, and when I killed the 451 engine in the Charger, I even raced my Diesel pickup for a few years.
I like wrenching on the cars and seeing how they do at the track, but I'm not a competitive racer. I have never won an event, but have been runner-up a few times.
Posted By: 64physhy

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 04/19/11 04:58 AM

I race mine. I'm new to racing, so I've only had it out about 4 times now with a total of about 30 runs.

Attached picture 6591848-wheelsup.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/27/13 07:40 PM

An old thread for sure.....

Just looking around and WOW, look at some of the guys that posted in this,,,,For one reason or another they not on the board any more??
I guess time flys and yea things dont stay the same forever....

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/27/13 08:12 PM

Does a truck count?

I race every once in a while....
Posted By: ek3

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/27/13 10:21 PM

Quote:

I've been at it for over 30 years.... pretty much made most of the mistakes.. I have my 1'st year pin -- for non participation , working on # 2. guess that makes me about 1 year out dated !!
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 12:31 AM

Just got another car, last time out was 2010 with my Valiant
Been racing off and on since 1979
Use to run a F/MP 1966 Chevelle back in 1981
283 ci 4 speed hemi box and 6.17 gears with a 60lb Flywheel!

Attached picture 7792568-test_and_tune_246resized.JPG
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 12:32 AM

Played with these for awhile

Attached picture 7792570-FlyinBrianPowell#115.JPG
Posted By: robnbird

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 03:08 AM

gave up roller coasters and returned to the sport. raced from 1970-1975 IHRA. Quit.. returned @ the age of 53. Love it.

Attached picture 7792716-P1070201.JPG

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 03:22 AM

I haven't been down the track in almost a year. If I do not get cleared by the doctor to drive,I will put someone else in it.

Attached picture 7792731-shott3.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 03:30 AM

been racing since 1973, took 4 yrs off in 96 when my dad passed to learn our business but if it's in your blood you'll keep doing it. biggest thing is to find ways to make it fun and you'll do it forever! racing friends help the most!
Russ

Attached picture 7792737-russatmmw12.jpg

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 03:32 AM

Quote:

I haven't been down the track in almost a year. If I do not get cleared by the doctor to drive,I will put someone else in it.

Hey Ted , I'd like to make a pass if you'd let me!! ha. ha.
Russ

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 03:37 AM

Quote:

Hey Ted , I'd like to make a pass if you'd let me!! ha. ha.
Russ

Sure!! An old guy like you would do ok!!
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 03:46 AM

I'm still at it !!!!

Attached picture 7792752-11-167.JPG
Posted By: robnbird

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 04:01 AM

Quote:

I understand I am setting here with a neck brace nursing a pinched nerve. I will be racing though week after next...

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 04:09 AM

Good luck!! Back in mid June,I had a cerebreal hemmorage...

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 05:08 AM

We raced Friday, Saturday, and Sunday last weekend so its been a week cause we were rained out today.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 05:41 AM

My 3 cars are in my sig.

Just got home from the track a few minutes ago.

My junk gets flat worn out every year.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 05:43 AM

on/off a drag strip since 1970 untill a few years ago. Even a couple of years on dirt and asphalt going roundy round..
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 01:49 PM

Race the street car as much as I drive it on the street...not too fast, but it's fun.

Took a break from car racing to do some road racing on two wheels, but I'm back at the cars again...
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 01:58 PM

Still racing almost every weekend.... a lot more since my local track reopened a month ago.
Posted By: SeanD

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 04:58 PM

I have a stock eliminator car that I raced in IHRA crate motor 8-10 years ago. Was going to convert to a Super Stocker when economy took a dump 6 years ago and seeing how kids are going into college this year and then a couple years later it looks like I will be out of commission for a couple more years.

I do drag race rental cars when going to towns/cities that have drag strips that I have never been to.

Sorry about that enterprise.
Posted By: JoWeTu_6

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/28/13 05:53 PM

I got envolved with street racing in 1976 and I have been turning wrenches and helping others on and off ever seence aswell as street racing my owen, but this is my first full blowen ground up race car of my owen, and I owe and give alot off thanx to a bunch of you hear at MOPARTS for your consoltations and help with parts.

Thanx guys
John T.

P.S. had the car at centerville Ar. 2 wks ago for shake down, had a glitch or two but got it sorted out I will be back in 2 wks or so.

Attached picture 7793232-2013-06-22_13-38-43_523FB.jpg
Posted By: 66coronet

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/29/13 03:24 PM

I took 4 years off due to family. Ive been back this year running NSS at the first 2 NMCA races of the year, the nostalgia fuel drags at Memphis and a few bracket races. I slowed the car down to run the 10.50 index instead of beating the hell out of it to run 10.00 all year. This was from last weekend...

Attached picture 7794193-resizedpic.jpg
Posted By: RoseRacingNHRA

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/29/13 04:53 PM

I rarely post but I do race my 73 Cuda in Super Street. My dad races his 71 Challenger in Super Gas and my brother races his Mopar powered dragster in Super Comp.

I'll try and attach a picture of all 3.

Brad

Attached picture 7794270-roseracingpits03.jpg
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/29/13 05:13 PM

Quote:

I recall racing your Father at the warm up for the classic about 15 years ago in my gold dart. If I recall he was dialed 21.40 is was dialed 11.40. It is your blood......
I have not been to the track this year.
So include me as a keyboard racer.
As far as owning a racecar, I have car that I take to the track. When i thought about selling it this spring & posted it on this sit many thought it was a street car.
So that makes me a keyboard racer with a slow want-to-be-street car.

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/29/13 06:15 PM

Quote:

I rarely post but I do race my 73 Cuda in Super Street. My dad races his 71 Challenger in Super Gas and my brother races his Mopar powered dragster in Super Comp.

I'll try and attach a picture of all 3.

Brad

Great looking fleet right there ...I'm stiil making my donations at IHRA S/R divisionals.

Attached picture 7794367-prp.jpg
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/29/13 06:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

.but come on, some guys are all over this section telling people what to do......and they aint made a pass in YEARS..??????

Maybe these guys were racin while you were still on the potty , ok , who are these guys?

lol, or maybe they are here for the Engine Tech, seeing how it's called "Unlawfl's Race and Engine Tech"
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/30/13 05:11 PM

From 3 weeks ago and went to the final to boot....

Attached picture 7795467-pitrace.JPG

Re: How many people in here actually race a car???? - 07/30/13 05:16 PM

Quote:

From 3 weeks ago and went to the final to boot....

Hey I went to give you a call after the final and I forgot I didn't have your phone number programed in my cell phone. Congratulations. The car and driver were both looking and doing GREAT.
© 2024 Moparts Forums