I am 62 years old and started drag racing at Shuffletown Dragway when I was 13 with a B/gas 41 Ford coupe. Raced 392 hemi AA/Fuel dragster in 1969 and got over that. Went Super Stock - Match Racing in "the days" of drag racing. Yes I have worked all day on a Monday got home traveled and hour or two to make 2 out of 3 match race runs, got home in time to shower and go to work only to get home that Tuesday and go race again. Those were the days when tracks would bring in SuperStocks and Funny cars on a week night and pack the stands.

At Roxboro dragway, the night Hemipart drove the Motown Missle against Hemi Fred. He said he could not see the track for the camera flashes. My comment to him was "welcome to SuperStock match racing, now you know what it was really like in those days." My wife and I quit racing when Hemiparts was born. About three years ago he wanted to build a car and go racing. We built a Plymouth Duster, exactly like it would have been built and raced in the 70's. We race as a three generation family of drag racers. The name of the race team is Chris3 Racing. My son, Hemiparts, is Chris, my oldest grandson, 12 years old is Chris, and my youngest grandson, CJ ( Chris Jr.) is 4 years old. We race when ever we can. I made my wife a promise that if there was no sponsor money in the racing account we would not be racing. She spent many long nights riding up and down the road working on race cars and eating "hamburger helper" in order for me to enjoy the sport of drag racing. Now we spend a lot of time at drag race reunions getting a chance to re-live those days.

I have a big picture hanging on my wall, taken at Pinks All Out at Z-max with me, my son, Hemipart, Little Chris and CJ all working under the hood of the car. That picture is priceless. I hope that in some way my resume would qualify as a "drag racer."