Quote:

Quote:

It's funny, I hear all of this "people don't/won't watch sportsman racing", yet I went to every Milan Friday night heads-up race and the place was packed every race. Was there as many as at a national event? Nope, but they had a race every month for 6 months, not one a year.

There wasn't any nitro or alcohol flops or dragsters yet people showed up to spectate. How about "The Shakedown" at E-Town or the Yellow Bullet race? No nitro or alky pros there but the places were filled with spectaters.

If NHRA would market and cater to the sportsman racing it would be much more popular. If your sole focus is nitro pro racing and you build your races around that and neglect the rest, doing you really think it's going to be popular and succeed?

You answered your own question "HEADS UP NIGHT AT MILAN" yes sir, that draws the crowd, but what about regular bracket night at Milan...likely a ghost town, like every other track in the country, as far as spectators anyway.

NHRA is at least trying, with the Unleashed deal. They started with Outlaw 10.5, Limited Street, EZ street and Modified Street. Modified was dropped after 1 race and EZ was run at all 4, but will be dropped because of poor car count. They are planning to continue with Outlaw and Limited, as far as I know.............We attended all 4 NHRA Unleashed races and ran EZ Street. Have never been treated better, at any other track or organization. They were more than willing to listen and even did some of the things, we, the racers suggested.

Monte

Well that's going to leave a mark on the Glendora boys haters.