Quote:

News flash.....of course they cater to the pros, because that is the only thing that puts butts in the seats and it has always been that way. You cater to the pros, to draw fans, to make money, so that the sportsman racers, even have a place to race. To those that relish the "old days"...I was there in those days and same as today, the stands were a ghost town when the non pros were running. Nothing was any different then. I remember having to be in the lanes at 8am on a Thurs for class elims, same as now. The sport, has moved with the technology, same as the cars have.

Sure, you had some less than the most well known guys win back then, but most of the wins came from guys like Prudhomme, McCulloch, Glidden, Sheppard and others. Money and backing ruled then and it still does, just on a much larger scale.......Correct me if I am wrong, but did Bob Bode not just win a national event. Thats a very low buck team, as far as teams go today.

As far as some nostalgia race having 34 cars, what does that mean....thats like comparing apples to shoes, means nothing. There have been some short fields this year, but bracket turnouts are down as well, so what does that mean. It means the economy sucks, for the locas as well as the multi-million dollar teams, thats all.

Yeah, lets make it like the old days and let enginuity, imagination and MONEY sort it out. Dixon and others like him will totally dominate, even more than they do now. You can't beat money, never have, never will.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, as far as I'm concerned.

I am older than most think and like I said, was there during what some consider the "glory years".....can't say I miss it one bit, as compared to what we have now.

You want nostalgia, go to a nostalgia race.

Monte

I think that you and I are about the same age and have seen the same things. You know what I race and it costs plenty but I don't mind taking a back seat to the guys who draw the fans. I like racing at top notch facilities. Where was all these nostalgia cars? Oh ya, Famosa. Great track! We race there several times per year and it's always a tuning nightmare as well as an insect nightmare. I'll take Vegas, Firebird and Rt 66 thank you. Without professional racing these tracks would not exist.