Quote:

Quote:

Bob, I can't agree. I would have much rather seen them do what they should have done....slow 'em down. All they've done by going to 1000 foot is to postpone what they are going to have to do at some time anyway.

You can do it without costing anyone a lot of money....smaller blowers, limit the fuel pump size, take some amps out of the mags, go to single mags instead of doubles....all kinds of ways. You never know....making it easier might just bring some new blood into the fuel ranks. Check out the new HOT ROD with an indepth piece with Don Prudhomme....he says the same thing. And, HE does know fuel racing.

They can't even fill the fields anymore, and the same two or three guys own everything that shows up. What was once a great sport is now a PR marketed circus act....complete with vaudeville acts and basketball drill teams.

It is not the sport that I fell in love with when I first went to Indy in 1967. I realize it would not stay the same, but the yuppie "we wanna be like NASCAR" guys who run the show from Glendora have totally ruined it.

Regardless of how they market Indy, it has been relegated to just another stop on the tour, one of the other twenty some odd traveling circus shows. Gone are the days when a Gary Burgin or Marvin Graham could come out of nowhere and make themselves a household name over Labor Day weekend. The only attraction it has for me is the Hemi Challenge, that IS Indy to me. The rest of it is just another circus show.

Yeah, what he said. Oh....and this is the "unlawfuls race only" section, so I would guess most of the people here race. There might even be a fuel guy or 2, but many racers in all classes. And the NHRA took the line of least resistance with the 1000ft thing. There are only 2 ways to a permanent fix, 1. lengthen the tracks in the shutdown area, 2. slow them down. These guys are already running 313mph at 1000 ft, just like the crew chiefs said they would. JMO

Some are running 320. There is still 320 feet more shutdown area and they were getting real close to 340 when they went to 1000'. As I stated, the insurance company wanted immediate action-hence the 1000'. The NHRA has since found that the majority of fueler fans sit as close to the starting line as possible and don't seem to care so...it's still 1000' at full power. There will eventually be a change IMO.