Please allow to me to clear up some mis-information on this thread....
Mercman and I have been in contact with each other for the better part of 6 months now trying to get his car on the road. There were several items that needed to be addressed in his case. He had the older hydraulic setup that we could not get working, so I sent him (at no charge) a new bearing setup for the front of the transmission and then sold him a new master cylinder setup. I gave him my cell hone number and we talked alot after hours and on weekends to try and sort this out.

He is a top notch guy who did everything by the book except he did not want to clearance his tunnel. As has been pointed out on this thread, some e-body guys run into the need to clearance the passenger side of the tunnel, foward of the shifter. We even provide the sheet metal and template to do this. Because mercman has not done this, he may very well have driveline angle issues and yes, that could contribute to harder shifting. It does not have anything to do with the fact that he cannot shift at or above 7500 rpm where he is trying to do so. The TKO just doesn't like rpm's that high and nothing that Keisler or Classic Mopar does to them, rectifies this.
Mercmans runout is well within the tolerances, so that is not an issue.

As was pointed out earlier, the TKO is an aftermarket only transmission. It never came in a production vehicle. It did come in the '95 Cobra R which was not a street legal vehicle and it was only in there for that limited run in that production year.
The T45 is a factory transmission that came in the Mustangs from 1996-2000. The T45 is completely different from the TKO in that it is a single rail shift linkage setup where the TKO is a multi-rail design.

DRAGULA.....The TKO is rated by Tremec to handle 500hp/500ft/lbs for the TKO-500 and 600hp/600ft/lbs for the TKO-600. We do not give this rating, Tremec does. We have several hemi owners running the TKO with no issues at all. As someone else states, more often than not, it is the direct result of installer error. There are way to many people running this transmission with no issues at all for this to be a Tremec problem. Some have even chimed in on this thread stating the same thing. By the way...thanks for calling me an idiot.

The bottom line is Mercman is a standup guy, who I bent over backwards trying to help out and for whatever reason, it just isn't working the way he expected. I/we cannot do anything about trying to shift at or above 7500rpm so I referred him the Pro-motion to see about modifying it to handle that kind of rpm. He obviously doesn't want to go that route and he is not willing to cut the floor to correct the driveline angles. We obviously cannot do much more without those issues being addressed.
I certainly feel bad about his situation and wish he could get it worked out but it looks like he is going back the 4 speed. Good luck.

I feel like the "bashing" that is going on here is un-justified but so be it. There are alot of satisified customers and those of you that have been in contact with me, know that I do everything in my power to correct your issues. Being called an idiot is just unfair and un-called for.

We tell EVERYONE what to expect from this conversion and I know for a fact that the sales guys tell ALL E-body owners of the possibility of having to cut. I sit in the same room as them and hear it all day every day. Whether the customer wants to hear it or not, I can't say but I know it is told to them.

If anyone out there still needs my help, please call or PM me and I will do whatever it takes to make your experience a positive one.

Richard
Tech Support