Quote:

I've read this whole thread with great interest, because I have been contemplating the swap from 727 to TKO600 for quite a while. I'm just wondering if all the problems cited are related to units from Keisler. Has anyone used a kit from Classic Mopar 5-speed? Is there any difference in their units? Do they have the same sort of problems?

My kit is from Classic 5. I also had to modify my E Body tunnel where the upper rear pass side of the trans case is. I probably had to dimple the sheet metal about 1" in several spots just to get the trans high enough for the new cross member to go under it. When I was done the tail shaft was several inches lower that my rear pinion yoke. Part of this may be due to the fact that my body ride height is several inches lower than stock. I had some driveline vibration and after some trial and error I eliminated all or most of it by shimming my pinion angle about 3-4 degrees down. At first it shifted smooth as a babys behind but after several full power speed shifts it became a bit sticky especially when sitting still and going into reverse or first. I adjusted the clutch linkage several times and this seemed to help. However I suspect that on one of my "Ronnie Sox" wannabe shifts the bellhousing became slightly misaligned and is causing the problem. Overall I am happy with the swap although by the time I bought a new bellhousing, pistol grip and clutch and flywheel I was at or just over $4K . I was able to sell my old set up which helped take some of the sting out of the price. I did my swap on a friends lift which is the only way to go if you can. It took more than "one weekend" however. Even with someone helping it was more like 3-4 days before it was on the road.