Thanks for all of the replies so far. I've read every one of them. If you're not comfortable posting here you can send me a PM or email me at EdB@CarlisleEvents.com.

I know my posts get kind of long but I had something in there that either got lost or wasn't of much interest but I'd like to bring it up again and get some input.

I'm trying to create a new "class" of cars - not just for the show but also beyond that. I'm trying to create a class of cars that can be driven and enjoyed. These cars would range from just a little rough around the edges, in other words cars not nice enough for Survivor status, to cars that have some minor rust, well-worn engine bays and interiors that have seen better days. These cars don't have to have their original paint.

How many Mopars are sitting in garages across the country waiting to be restored? The car sits while we try to find time and/or money. Why not clean it up a little, go over the safety items, give it a tune-up and DRIVE IT!!! How cool would it be to see a "Barn Find" Road Runner put back on the road still looking a little distressed? Oh, and you get bonus point for vintage items left in place: Sun Tach, big Cragars, 8-Track player, sidepipes (OK, maybe not sidepipes ), psychedelic paint, etc.

I'd also like ideas for a name for these cars. Just like Survivor, Pro Street, Resto Mod, Rat Rod, G Machine, etc I think they need a cool name. All I've been able to come up with so far is Throwback, Flashback and Time Machine but I'm sure there's something better out there. Ideas? What do you think of this type of car? I think it's a great way to get some cool cars back on the road and if it's a true muscle car I bet it will get just as much attention as a similar, fully restored car but you won't have to worry about every little mark on it... just

Ed