Quote:

Great show.
One suggestion would be:
I've not been to a larger car show where the organizers have used their negotiating strength to keep hotel room rates at a reasonable level.
I've been to other conventions and shows where this is done.
Any help to get rates lower would be a huge benefit so I can spend more at the swap meet.

That's a good one and we've been fighting that battle for years with the local hotels but they just won't listen to us. We have absolutely no control over their pricing although people often think we do. We know their high prices are hurting our guests (and thereby hurting us) so why on Earth would we condone or support that practice.

Since we can't persuade the local (Carlisle area) hotels to lower their prices we are working with other hotels in the region (Mechanicsburg, Dillsburg, Harrisburg, Shippensburg, Chambersburg, etc) and encouraging people to stay there. Most of them are convenient to the major highways and are only a 20-30 minute drive (assuming no traffic delays). To be honest, when I travel to Mopar shows I do the same thing and stay a short drive from the show location. But hey, I'm cheap

Ed