Whew, I missed a lot over the weekend! I did log on from time to time but never had enough time to sit and post any replies. Anyway, I'm glad to see some constructive criticism and ideas. I'll try to address the posts I can remember off the top of my head.

Mike (Dayclona) had a good suggestion about the giveaway by changing it to a shopping spree instead of a car. That's been considered before and usually when I mention it to people they say they'd rather win a car. Personally I like the idea and I'm glad to hear that someone else does. I'd love to hear what the rest of you think about this one.

Autocross. To those who suggested it, have you actually seen the course? I ask because it's not a true Autocross - it's more of a very narrow road course and there's stuff you could hit. It's not a big parking lot - it's just the paved aisles and a couple of paved bump outs. In fact, we advertise it as a six-turn, mini road course. We do use it at a couple of events and honestly, the little vintage imports have a difficult enough time navigating it. Every year we do some sort of fence repair. I'd love to see some Autocross and/or road racing as part of the event but I just don't think it could happen on site. Let me think about this one and I'll see if I can come up with a location where we could do something.

Sanitation issues with the food vendors concerns me deeply. I will pass this along to upper management today and make sure they address it.

I will also check on the other issues with the food vendors - closing too early and running out of food. I think they close when they do because they all experience a sharp decline at a certain time. I think the solution would be for a certain number of vendors to remain open in certain locations. It's possible that they already do this but if so people need to know who's still open. This is another one I'll present to upper management.

HemiChallenger (Steve) brought up several things - some of which I need clarification on but I'll try to address the others. Regarding identification of certain displays, I do try to make them as visible as possible but I agree it could (and should) be better. Certain displays do get put on the map in the directory, such as SME and the Survivors. The reason Young Guns hasn't made it on the map in the past is because they are Showfield classes and the actual Showfield layout doesn't get done until AFTER the directory has been sent to the printer. The reason it happens this way is because I know how big the SME and Survivor displays will be so they get placed before the class layout. Classes and class sizes vary every year and must be placed last. I don't know if there's anything I can do about getting displays such as the Young Guns on the map in the directory but I can look into better signage.

I placed the new Challengers in a prime location in '08 because they were new and hot. Folks were literally taking delivery just days before the show and I think we were all anxious to see them in person. In the end we only had 12-15 and they seemed to fit nicely with the original Challys. I knew we'd have more this year but I never expected we'd have about 100 of them. I'm still not really sure where to put them. The LX Charger and Magnum guys want the new Challys with them but I thought it was cool to see old and new side-by-side. Of course that was when I thought we'd have 20-30 of them

Those are the ones I remember and I think I've typed enough for now anyway.

Thanks guys and keep 'em coming

Ed