Regarding the giveaway cars, I'll just do a general post rather than quote or reply to any one in particular.

For anyone who doesn't know, my budget for the giveaway car is $5,000. We all know that doesn't buy much of a Mopar these days. In fact, each show's budget for a giveaway car is $5,000 and it's not too hard to find a decent 5.0 Fox body Stang or late model V-8 Camaro for that price so yes, those shows end up with a better giveaway.

I've been toying with the idea of a project car, roller, a "real" muscle car in rough condition, etc for a while but most people seem to want to win a car that they can simply take possession of the keys and enjoy. I've even talked to some trade schools about restoring a car for us but longtime employees here who have been involved in projects like that in the past have strongly cautioned me against it - ALL have said they were a nightmare!!

I've looked at V-8 Dakotas and really nice older FWD Turbo cars but then the die-hard muscle car guys cry foul. Obviously I'll never please everyone with the giveaway but I try to find the most common ground.

I'm not making excuses and I don't want anyone to think that I am trying to dismiss the posts about the giveaway cars. In fact, this is the one area where I receive the most complaints and I know it needs to be addressed. I don't think I'll ever get my budget increased so I have to look for a creative alternative. I thought I had found one when I came up with the idea of having a trade school do the resto but the voices of experience here are telling me not to do it.

Please keep the suggestions and comments coming - even on the giveaway cars! Oh, and thank you to everyone for not turning this into a Carlisle VS The Nats thread. We don't need any of that

Ed