the advantage a light car like you have lonnie is that it reacts way quicker and is going to 60 foot better than the typical 10 flat car like mine.

how many pro stock guys go red racing 2350 pound cars on a 400 tree ?

its way easier to judge a race getting out on everybody than it is being behind,that isnt a big secret coming. out of the gate.a light car is going to move quicker, and 60 foot way better..my car would go mid 1.20's if it weighed even 2800-2900 pounds

i think you are a great friver and would do good no matter the rules, but its insanely silly to think guys dont have one hand tied bhind their backs going to the line in a heavy car without a box,on a 400 tree

how many nhra 9.90 class cars do you see without a box that weigh over 3000 pounds..none, they know they would never win with that handicap, good driver or not.

i really guess i dont care about the weight of all the cars, or even a delay box(although other 10 flat races i have ever been in dont allow boxes and have minimum weights)the reason is beacuse they want it to be fair for everybody so they get good car counts.

i say go 500 tree, lets give everybody a swing at a 00 light that can hit the tree and let the driver, not the car and electronics decide it.

thinking any other way is flat out disingenious,you know it and i know it...

nhra mark hit the nail on the head in his post.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17